Serious poll: introductory or full length adventures in campaign setting source book?

Prefernce on content for campaign setting content

• Full length mondule included

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Mini adventure included

Votes: 42 61.8%

BluWolf

Explorer
None. Zip, zero Zilch.

I would rather see MAYBE, 1 to 2 pages designated to plot ideas or story hooks.

A list of potentials realted entirely to the specifiics of the campaign world.

uv23

First Post
This is all good feedback and the point about using the adventure only onceis well taken. I also agree about the FRCS mini adventures. I haven't even read through them yet and I've had the book since it was released. Hence the idea of possibly including a full length adventure.

I'm basically looking at the campaign setting book idea and trying to determine how it could be made better. For one example, I would personally like to have a reasonably sized monster section right in the campaign setting book rather than having to buy a monster manual seperately.

Keep it coming.

Wild Karrde

First Post
Adventure hooks is the way to go. I don't know if you're into the Star Wars RPG by WOTC at all but in the rebellion era sourcebook they did a great job with this by inserting hooks through out the entire book. Worked great.

I know a lot of people hated it as they thought that space could have been used for more meaningful information but as for me it was excellent.

Agnostic Paladin

First Post
I have to agree with none; or at least no more than a section of adventure ideas. (I personally prefer the setting description to inspire ideas all by itself.) Even if the adventure included in a campaign is the best ever, who's going to use it more than once? More importantly, included adventures are pretty much totally useless once one of your players has their own copy of the setting book...

Turlogh

Explorer
I like to have an adventure with the setting book because it helps set the tone for the world. Although good plot hooks may work just as well.

Davelozzi

Explorer
Berandor said:
I voted mini, though actually I'd prefer no adventure at all.

As for adventure hooks, I hope the campaign setting does stir my imagination for possible adventure hooks... otherwise it's not good at all.

what he said.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
What's with these poll makers that they forget or fail to think about the problem from all sides?

You're missing two very obvious options:

1. No adventure.
2. Other (every poll should end with other or it's worthless).

I go for No Adventure.

As for doing a campaign sourcebook better...

Take material, research, consistancy and attention to detail like Kalamar and mix it with the graphic design, writing style, and illustrative quality of FRCS.

Last edited:

uv23

First Post
arcady said:
What's with these poll makers that they forget or fail to think about the problem from all sides?

Nice attitude.

Anyways if I was actually able to edit a poll (stupid messageboard rule that I can't) I'd have changed it. But I can't. So try to live with it.

Whats curious here is that the vote is almost even but none of the people who want full length adventures have spoken up.

Dalenthas

First Post
Full length adventure in a campaign book? Egads, thats a waste of space waiting to happen. Even a mini-adventure is kinda worthless, unless it does a really good job introducing the setting. Maybe include a couple premade PCs....

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I, too, am for no adventure...

Since this seems to be such a popular option, would you like to have it included in the poll? Also, do you want to restart the poll because of these circumstances?

Remove ads