• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Serpent Kingdoms: Buying?

Serpent Kingdoms: Buying?

• Yes

Votes: 72 55.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 29.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 19 14.7%

HiLiphNY

Explorer
Definitely. . .I just love the consistently-amazing production values of the FR products line. That, and my man, Ed Greenwood!

Whisper72

Explorer
Will buy it sometime, prolly see if I can scrounge the info, maybe for an Eberron type campaign, use it to 'populate' Xen'drik with it...

Faraer

Explorer
I'm buying it because Ed Greenwood and Eric Boyd's work is never less than first-rate. (I'm not familiar yet with your stuff, Darrin.) I don't buy RPG books to stripmine for 'use', and I don't buy every Realms book, though I love the Realms.

CapNorge

Explorer
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
I bought it with the Planar Handbook last week, and so far I view it as the superior of the two books. This really surprised me as I am a HUGE Planescape fan and a fan of most things planar for that matter.

I'd say the book has quite a lot of utility for non FR camapigns. Even some of the region/location details can be used with some modification.

Definitely have to agree with this opinion!

Serpent Kingdoms has a great format where it's more utilty for designing campaigns, villians, scenarios than "here's another region of the world" book, as much as I may like them.

It's great to get into the history, minds, and goals the subject.

derelictjay

Explorer
I'll deffinatly buy it (when it comes to town). I love the reptilian creatures (go kobolds), probably goes back to my dinosaur fetish when I was growing up.

Dexterward

First Post
I will be buying the book. The material fits right in with the way my current campaign is heading. I think I will get a lot of use out of the book, but since I haven't seen a copy at my FLGS yet, that remains to be seen.

Olive

Explorer
Wombat said:
Don't do FR, so I don't see a pressing need.

From the way people are describing the book, I think the question really is do you do snakes and lizards rather than do you do FR.

Arnwyn

First Post
Absolutely, and I did (a week ago). Great book. I am a long-time FR DM, and this is one of the better 3.x FR books. Worth the price just for the information on Lapaliiya, Sammarach, The Tashalar, and Thindol. (FINALLY!)

No idea about its value outside of FR because frankly, I couldn't care less about that consideration.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads