D&D 5E Settings from elsewhere that you'd like to see converted to D&D?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
So, I am a huuuuuuuuuge fan of Powers & Perils's Perilous Lands setting, but not such a huge fan of the system. I do have the fan-created second edition P&P that addresses a lot of the issues with the Avalon Hill original, but it's still not great. The setting, though, WOWZA. It's primarily occupied by humans but, unlike many official D&D settings, humans aren't mostly grouped under a monocultural umbrella.

There is, in fact, a complete book of different human cultures (dozens of them) that outlines things for each culture such as population figures, economy, personality, legal system, languages, allies, and enemies. Additionally, some appendices note common cultural weapons and armor, as well as notes on linguistic families. There are, of course, non-human races, as well (elves, dwarves, fairies), but they differ significantly from their D&D counterparts.

Anyway, I'd love to see the Perilous Lands resurrected as a D&D setting. It's very swords and sorcery. Most of the core D&D races would be right out, of course, but I've never been a proponent of cramming every race/class available in every official D&D sourcebook into every D&D setting.

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I'm not familiar with the Dragon Prince, but I can see the merits of porting both Earthdawn and Exalted to 5e (I love both settings, but have never warmed to the varied game mechanics of either).

If it is by Avalon Hill, then it can become a D&D setting, because Avalong and WotC are both owned by Hasbro. If Hasbro wanted, the setting of Hero Quest also could become a D&D setting.

I love the rich mythlogy of World of Darkness and Chronicles of Darkness.

I wonder if Legend of the Five Rings could be reimaginated as a D&D setting. The 5e version seemed designed with that goal.

I am not so interested into Warhammer Fantasy. I liked when it was that touch of "vintage fantasy".

* The Dragon Prince is an animated serie by Netflix, and also adapted into a RPG.

* Anima: Beyond Fantasy is a Spanish RPG published by Edge Entertaiment. I don't remember it to be translated into English.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
If it is by Avalon Hill, then it can become a D&D setting, because Avalong and WotC are both owned by Hasbro. If Hasbro wanted, the setting of Hero Quest also could become a D&D setting.

I'd completely forgotten that Hasbro owned Avalon Hill!

* Anima: Beyond Fantasy is a Spanish RPG published by Edge Entertaiment. I don't remember it to be translated into English.

Anima was, indeed, translated into English, but it sold poorly and, for a while, second-hand copies were going for quite a bit of money on eBay.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
although i've fallen off as a fan of the series itself i still think it would be amazing to play in the world of RWBY's Remnant.

judging by the love for it's species in the other thread i don't doubt other people will agree with me about hyrule (and some of the other lands that pop up in other zelda games like termina and the great sea) although a minor issue pops up on the matter of which one if any due to being over probably a dozen iterations of the land so far.

The Grimoire of Zero anime. If this anime was a setting was a D&D setting, you could play either a human or as one of the Beastfallen.

A Beastfallen was a person who was born cursed with the appearance of an animal. It was revealed early on in the anime that the Beastfallen were created by witches as soldiers. Whenever they were killed, the power that created them would return to the witch. However, if the witch was dead, it would pass on to her descendants making them Beastfallen.
Since 5e has a number of anthropomorphic animal races already in it, you could have it where all of them are members of the Beastfallen. ;)

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast

I love the rich mythlogy of World of Darkness and Chronicles of Darkness.

I wonder if Legend of the Five Rings could be reimaginated as a D&D setting. The 5e version seemed designed with that goal.

I am not so interested into Warhammer Fantasy. I liked when it was that touch of "vintage fantasy".

* The Dragon Prince is an animated serie by Netflix, and also adapted into a RPG.

L5R was a D&D setting, for quite a while through the 3e-3.5 era, before AEG bought it back from WotC.

Remove ads