• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City, Act I - Life's Bazaar

Dichotomy

Explorer
Konstantine lets out a particularly unlady-like grunt. The bard says nothing, but her face clearly shows strain as she continues to hold Galen.

Jdvn1 said:
ooc: I'm not sure exactly what everything looks like, but if it looks like it's possible, Dowlee will throw her dagger into the gear to jam it. If not, she'll try again to hold Galen up. I'm also not sure how to narrate this. :uhoh: [/i]

OOC: Don't worry about the narration. That which you've posted above is perfectly fine.

Now, to clarifiy: At the start of round 3, the tilt-a-pit trap has reset to its original position, and so the gear works are not visible. Only when the trap is in its 'tilted' position are the gears visible.

OOC: I've found a diagram of the Tilt-a-Pit trap at Paizo's website, which I hope will help you guys visualize how it works.

Helpful?

Thanks,
Krago

Tilt%20a%20Pit%20Trap.JPG

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Galen calls out as he grabs the edge of the pit with his free hand and cranes his neck to look below him, "Is there some sort of mechanism that can be jammed?"

[OOC: Not much else Galen can do at the moment except hang on. :D]

Krug

Newshound
Eliara starts to ascend the wall. She looks down, and thinks that when she gets up it might just decide to drop her again. "Devious!" she mutters.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
ooc: If Dowlee gets the opportunity to drop into the trap, onto the gear, she'll do so.

Scotley

Hero
William Human Paladin

"No sense in both of us facing these teeth," William cups his hands, "Let me boost you up to grab Galen's leg."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
ooc: 30' you say? I was hoping 20'. And my Jump skill, eventhough I have ranks in it, is a -3. ... Hm, okay, no, then. :heh: I'll just try to help Galen. Actually, I missed Galen's question. I think I'll answer that.

"Yes, there's a gear down there--it's only visible when the spiked room isn't!"

Galen holds tightly to Konstantine's wrist, desperately hoping not to join his companions in the pit below. Konstantine's arms, in turn, tremble with the effort of holding on to the warmage, as she tries not to let him fall.

(Konstantine STR check, Roll=16+0=16)

With great effort, the bard manages to maintain her grip on Galen.

Dowlee, seeing that the gears of the pit trap are out of view at the moment, instead reaches down and grabs ahold of Galen's other arm, in an effort to help Konstantine.

(OOC: From your posts, I'm assuming that Kon and Dowlee are just holding Galen up, preventing him from falling. If they want to help pull him back up to the safety of the floor above, please specify that.)

Once more, the gears of the trap grind to life, and the pit lurches up and over again, this time tilting 90 degrees to the north. William and Eliara are once again thrown against the sharp wooden spikes!

(William lands on 1 spike, Eliara lands on 3 spikes. Spikes Attack Rolls, vs. William 5+3=8 Miss, vs. Eliara 6+3=9 Miss, 1=Auto Miss, 9+3=12 Miss. Argh, terrible rolls!

This time, however, both the adventurers are prepared for the nasty spill, and they are able to twist their bodies in such a way that none of the wooden spikes does any harm.

Once more, William and Eliara both clamber back to their feet, (Move Equivalent Actions for both)hoping that sooner or later they will stop being tossed back and forth, so they will have a chance to climb out of the pit.

End Round 3; Actions for Round 4?

Note: The pit is again in its 'tilted' position, and the gear mechanism is exposed to the three PCs at the top.

Remove ads