• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City, Act I - Life's Bazaar

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dichotomy said:
Konstantine looks at Dowlee and shrugs her shoulders. "Unless you have a better idea..."
"If I had a better idea," Dowlee starts, "I probably wouldn't be scratching the floor with my dagger."

She gives a smile. "Although if/when we get this open, I suppose we can try to make a makeshift rope with our possessions. I have a bed roll." She shrugs. "Otherwise, I don't know what to do other than go back up the stairs and obtain some better tools to do this with."

Scotley

Hero
Krago o'the Mountain said:
OOC: To clarify, I wanted to point out that there is actually not a skull in the pit. There is a dead skulk, a rapier, light crossbow, and a half dozen bolts...oh, yeah, and Galen's spear as well. ;)

OOC: Ah, yeah that sorta changes things sorry. How about we try to jam it with the Rapier? That's what I ment to say or even the Skulk's body?

OOC: Gonna assume that you go ahead and do this....

IC: William, struck with inspiration, grabs the rapier and hands it down to Galen. Galen, in turn, jams the blade of the weapon between two of the large wooden gears, where it sticks tight.

Hopefully, that will work to prevent the gears from turning...but someone will have to push open the lid of the pit to find out for sure... ;)

Jdvn1

ooc: I guess that also means I should assume they tell us they did this.

Dowlee, with the help of Konstantine, starts to try to push open the lid.

Scotley

Hero
William Human Paladin

William, now somewhat familiar with the pits workings, tries to brace himself for the shifting and avoid as many spikes as posible.

Dowlee and Konstantine, by combining their strength, are able to push open the lid of the tilting pit trap. There is an audible click heard as they do so, and the gears below the pit attempt to start turning. However, they are jammed up by the rapier, and so cannot turn fully. With a grinding sound, the lower portion of the pit quivers and shakes disconcertingly, but the rapier holds and the pit does not tilt.

OOC: Now, it's just a matter of climbing out. The lower half of the pit looks pretty easy due to the spikes which can be used as handholds. However, the upper half of the pit, which is smooth stone, looks like it would be pretty difficult without help....fyi.

-Krago

Jdvn1

"Galen! If you toss up your longspear, maybe we can use it to haul everyone else up!"

Scotley

Hero
William Human Paladin

With the light from above, William will check the body of the Skulk for anything useful and gather up the fallen crossbow and bolts. He'll help the others up as best he can from below and be the last out of the pit.

Remove ads