Shackled City - Chapter I

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus cocks an eyebrow at the usage of such odd nouns.
Fip and fappery...? he stifles his laugh with a mouthful of ale.
He sobers a little at the mention of kidnappings and shares in the barkeeper's mirth at the magical disease statement.
"How exactly is a disease like that spread?" he asks rhetorically.
After a few sips of his drink, he gives an encompassing wave of his hand.
"What gods watch over this city, Kellen? You speak of the Church as a single entity..."

Majin

First Post
Kellen smirks at Orpheus' first question and gives a quick shrug. "There are many faiths that "set up shop" here in Cauldron, but by far the one with the largest influence would be St. Cuthbert's ilk. Their church is up in the northeast part of the city. To a lesser extent there seems to be a moderate amount of Kord followers that visit The Temple of Lordly Might in the west part of the city."

hippocrachus

First Post
The bard bobs his head in understanding at Kellen's words.
Feeling the conversation dying, he turns on his stool and leans back against the bar to inspect the inn patrons with more interest; making sure to notice the women and make the women notice him.

(OOC: Who we got in the bar, Majin?)

kirinke

First Post
Alinis:

The tired she-elf grimances as another lightening strike hit somewhere nearby. "Ehlonna's grace. We need to get out of this mess," she said to the rather thin looking hinny beside her.

The hinny snorted as if in agreement, keeping close to the elf as they walked through the sodden streets and glaring at anyone who even looked like they were getting close to her. Most had the sense not to mess with such an obviously ill-tempered creature and a few wondered why the tall elf hadn't sold the hinny to the knackers.

She sighed in relief as she found an inn. "The Drunken Morkoth Inn," she said. "Strange name. Wonder what a Morkoth is," she wondered to herself as she went around back, looking for the stable.

A small, curly topped girl was mucking out a stall. Alinis coughed politely and the girl turned, eyes widening at seeing a full-blood elf. "Ooo, you're tall," she said, blurting out the obvious and blushing hotly at the bad manners.

Alinis chuckled, amused. "I eat alot of green vegetables," she said, grinning as the child made a bleagh-face. "Do you have room for me and my hinny here?"

"2 copper a day for the hinny takes care of feed and care. For a place for yerself, you'll hafta make arrangements w'me da or ma." the girl said, looking expectantly at the she elf.

"So you work the stable?"

"Aye, I keep things tidy or me mum an da'll skin me. So will you stay?" she looked hopeful.

"Alright then. Be warned though, Sweetbee here tends to react violently towards men and will plant a hoof or take a bite out of anything resembling a male,"

"No problem. I'll take care of her meself. That is, if she'll let me,"

Alinis turned to the mule, who ambled towards the girl and blew softly in a proffered hand. "She'll do," Alinis nodded. "Now where is your da?"

"Behind the bar, mindin the customers, silly." she said, allowing Alinis to stow most of the gear in the stable.

"If you look after my stuff proper, I'll give you a couple of coppers for your efforts,"

The girl beamed happily. "Sweet!" she said as Alinis flipped her the coins for the hinny's board and bread and entered the inn-tavern and slid down on a chair in front of the bar.

hippocrachus

First Post
Scrutinizing the beautiful things in the bar, Orpheus is thrown back as the fiery elven goddess enters the inn. And then she sits down at the bar. He stares down at his drink and balks before collecting his thoughts. He sets his ale down and casually scoots closer, being very obvious about it, stroking his facial hair, trying to bring attention to it.

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Taking a quick scan of the bar Orpheus can tell it must be a slow night. Besides the one that ordered the coffee and took it to sit alone at his own table the rest of the room is only occupied by five people. What looks like a romantic couple of humans sits in the back corner holding hands and talking quietly. The remaining three are elves, two male, and one female, who are sharing a meal together.

"Another newcomer I see," quips Kellen as he turns to Alinis. "What can I get you this evening miss?" he asks.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
"A room and a meal if you please. It was a bit nasty coming in with the weather the way it is and I would also like something hot to drink. Perhaps some tea or mulled wine." Alinis smiled. "No coffee though. Can't stand the stuff,"

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
"3 copper for the drink and 3 silver for the room, miss," answers Kellen.

As he accepts his payment he asks, "What brings you to Cauldron this stormy evening, Miss...?" Kellen pauses, not sure what to call her.

kirinke

First Post
"Name's Alinis, though my friends call me Ruina," she said grinning. "I'm really on walk-about. Quite frankly, since this is the only decent sized town I've seen in awhile, I was hoping to find some gainful employment," she said, tapping her quiver-scabbard meaningfully. "Oh and what do you have to eat? I'm a bit hungry as well," she said cheerfully.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
The rain drums down, soaking any who remain on Cauldron's streets. Few brave the weather, but a single halfling walks unconcerned through the downpour. His clothes, strange to the eyes of the citizens of the city or any for a good few hundred miles, are drenched and stuck to his thin body, but the halfling smiles happily as he looks down on the town.

Cauldron. At last! Kiyoshi thinks. A true meeting of the elements. The sky, the rock, the lake, and the memory of fire... To have a city in such a place... He shakes his head in wonder, the action causing water to fly from his braided hair.

I wonder how many know what a potent location they live it. I wonder if any this far East even study the elements.

He walks through the streets, drawing the occasional curious glance from people sheltering from the storm. Lightning flashes brightly overhead, momentarily illuminating a sign hanging from the front of a building.

The Drunken Morkoth Inn? Well, I need a place to stay, and this will do for now... Kiyoshi pushes open the door, stepping into the warmth of the room inside. He makes his way over towards the bar, patiently waiting for the innkeeper to finish speaking with the tall elven woman.

Remove ads