Shackled City - Chapter I

Majin

First Post
"A hiring hall?" muses Kellen as he returns with Alinis' change. "Well, if menial labor is what your looking for theres a few workers guilds around the city yea, but if it's something more spectacular your looking for you should try to get an audience with the Lord Mayor. He's always hiring up adventurers that are just passing through for important tasks. It'd pay better then working around here," he says with a half-smile.

hippocrachus

First Post
Seeing the halfling isn't in the mood to talk to him, Orpheus decides to listen in and participate in other peoples' conversations.
"Adventurer, huh?" he asks Alinis. "I happen to pride myself on stalk...assisting beautiful adventurers and immortalizing them in music. Not everyone can enjoy their own adventures, but they can enjoy other peoples'..."

(OOC: Hopefully all is well on Jarval's side of the pond...)

Last edited:

Dhes

Explorer
Elyas closes his book and puts it back in his backpack. After carefully tugging away his pen and ink he try’s to take a sip from his now empty cup.

Giving the cup a puzzled look he gets up and walks over to the bar, now occupied by a Halfling a fellow half elf and a some what attractive female elf.
Not really paying any inters to the patrons at the bar, but more so for the empty cup in is hands he leans between the half-elf and the elf.
“Sorry good sir, can I have another cup of coffee, ….better yet can you make it a double, I don’t know but these cups are really small, good coffee do very good coffee.”

After ordering his coffee he notecase the elf and half-elf for the second time,
Backing of a bit.
“Oh.. Sorry didn’t see you there I’m very sorry, my mind has the tendency to wonder of and my body just goose its own way”
turning to the half-elf,
“It can be a bit……” frowning at the half-elf’s goatee “uhm, sorry yes so sorry”

Jarval

Explorer
Majin said:
Without another word Kellen turns to greet Kiyoshi. "My you are quite a new face around here, aren't you? How may I help you this evening sir?"
"Yes, I have only just arrived in this city. It is most interesting." Kiyoshi replies to the barkeeper in perfect but strangely accented Common. "I would like a room for the night, and a hot meal please."

hippocrachus said:
He looks to the oddly dressed stranger across the way.
"How 'bout you? You get hit on a lot," he asks, hoping to find another willing to share in the joke. He gives a conspiratorial nudge to Alinis.
"Hit on?" Kiyoshi looks confused at this turn of phrase. "No, I have not been hit. The roads are thankfully free of bandits, despite the tales I have heard of the Eastern lands. It has been quite civilized, thank you." He smiles to the half-elf, pleased that the Easterners are concerned in even a stranger's wellbeing.

hippocrachus said:
(OOC: Hopefully all is well on Jarval's side of the pond...)
(OoC: All's well apart from having to work yesterday. I just didn't have any time to post. Thanks for the concern :))

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus raises an eyebrow at the halfling's reply.
I guess the women are more aggressive where he comes from...
"What's your name, stranger?" he asks.
When the emaciated half-elf pushes him to the side and orders a drink, Orpheus looks him in the face to make sure he meant nothing by it. When he apologizes, he shrugs the offense off. Besides, he was obviously impressed by the goatee.
He stares at the half-elf until he moves.

Jarval

Explorer
"My name is Kiyoshi, sir. May I ask yours? And the lady's?" Kiyoshi replies. Rainwater still drips from his hair onto the floor, but he seems unaware of his still soaked clothes.

hippocrachus

First Post
"I bet you have all kinds of fascinating things to say of distant lands!" he puts in once Alinis has introduced herself. "Where have you traveled from? This is wonderful! So much inspiration from a chance-meeting at a bar in a tavern set in the middle of a volcano."
I feel the pangs of an epic starting...

Remove ads