Shackled City - Chapter I

Majin

First Post
~Verbatim's actions:

Zeric will follow the others into the room, keeping his weapon ready to strike the creature who is now guiding them, or the creature who they now approach.

~

Raven only hears silence as she listens at the secret door.

(In Undercommon) "It is a box, with teeth," the skulk explains. "It is always hungry. It speaks to us and we feed it in exchange for guarding the rat. If you want to take the rat you will have to feed it or give it payment of some kind."

Majin

First Post
~Verbatim's actions:
As the stunted creature explains what the guardian of the locksmith's pet is, Zeric turns to face the others and sets his face hard.

"We will not bargin with any creature that has assisted in the kidnapping of the children. If it wishes to live, it will give us the creature and flee like the rat it has taken to living with, otherwise we must strike it down to show all those who are watching us that we are not to be taken lightly."

Looking over to Raven, Zeric speaks quickly to her.

"If the battle comes, I will seek to force it to focus on me, allowing you to seek out a weak spot in its defenses. When you have seen such a spot, strike hard and face and we will win this fight."

Once he was sure his point was made to her, Zeric entered the room and searched for the "copier".
~

(Undercommon) "We usually feed it other rats," the skulk answers, blinking, as it watches Zeric push the secret door open and walk into the room.

Zeric's first quick survey of the room reveals empty weapon racks lining the walls, of a dusty, 10-foot high room. In the middle of the floor rests a large wooden chest with a flat lid and iron hinges. Atop the chest sits a small silver cage holding a rat with a white star-shaped splotch of fur on its tiny forehead. It grips the bars and squeaks excitedly.

hippocrachus

First Post
"Although I agree with your assessment, Zeric, try to remember that we have a say in it as well," the bard says, coming to terms with Zeric's rather zealous mannerisms, and entering the room behind the rash warrior.
He looks at the box in irritation, not suspecting it of being anything but a mimic. Not waiting for it to initiate conversation, Orpheus hails it.
"Look here, guardian. This thing," he points to the skulk, "says you've got a key we need, and we mean to have it from you," the bard says, not letting slip that the rat is in fact what they're there for.

kirinke

First Post
Alinis relaxes marginally when she sees its a mimic and not the more nasty doppleganger. Though, from what she has heard, those mimic things were dangerous enough. She fingers some rations she has in her pocket, beef jerky and such like.

"Tell it if it cooperates with us, we'll give it some food. I have a fair amount of beef jerky," she tells Orpheous. "If this skulk speaks truely, it responds to food-bribes."

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus puts a hand up dismissively, but offers an apologetic glance to Alinis.
"Let me handle this," he says to her quietly out of the corner of his mouth.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Almost completely at a loss as to what a mimic might be, Raven doesn't yet enter the new room, but stands, startled, as the other launch into a conversation with a box.

At Zeric's words, she nods. "I understand, and will deliver."

Majin

First Post
As those who approach the chest draw close, a toothy mouth splits the front of the chest and it speaks in a gutteral tone, Orpheus notices it as near identical in inflection and tone as the skulk. Elyas understands it perfectly.

(Undercommon)"Who are you? Has Kazmojen sent you to finally relieve me?"

Remove ads