Shackled City - Chapter I

Majin

First Post
Raven combs the small room for anything of note. Completely bare and devoid of any exits save for the one the party came from at first glance, she manages to spot an unevenness in the eastern wall. It is very likely to be a secret door.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Raven is unable to surpress a grin. She knows well that she is a complete amateur. But the others don't. Having downed the opponent singlehandedly, and now probably having found a secret door, she allows a smile to spread on her broad face, as she faces the wall. Saying nothing, she sets her face back to its usual grim expression, and turns back to the party.

"Does he say he will lead us to the rat? Where does he intend to take us?"

Majin

First Post
"I will take you to the next room, right through there," the skulk points to a wall to the east. "A door is there. Hidden. The rat is in there. The copier guards it though."

Dhes

Explorer
Frowning at the wall, “He says that he will take us to the other side of that wall, trough a hidden door? According to him the rat is on the other side, being guarded by a uuuhhh copier? I guess that he’s talking about a shape-shifter or the like.”

Turning to the Skulke (in undercommon) “Thank you my friend, you have bin a lot of help.”

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus frowns at the thought of a shape-shifter.
"Well, let's get going then," he says to the party in general, starting to get bored with the treacherous skulk.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Raven frowns slightly; she'd been hoping to pull the existance of the secret door out at some point when it might be of advantage to her. Seeing no more opportunity of that, she approaches the place where she thought the door would be located.

"Here it is, I think." She places her ear gently against the wall, and listens for a few moments.

"Ask it what a copier is. Perhaps it has some weaknesses we could exploit."

Raven will sling her morningstar over her back, and load her crossbow to prepare for the anticipated combat.

kirinke

First Post
Alinis frowns. "Copier? Could he mean a..." she racked her brain for past lessons. "Doppleganger?" she said finally. "Wait, before we go in, we need to settle on some sort of verbal identifier if it tries to copy us." she said.

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus looks at his hands at the mention of a verbal "identifier." He wiggles his fingers absent-mindedly.
"Perhaps it is merely a magical 'mimic,'" he says in an increasingly bored tone, finding it easier to believe the "copier" creature to be that rather than an ultimately rare doppleganger creature. "Either way..." he adds rolling his eyes.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

"Can't Dopplegangers read our minds anyway? They'd know any 'identifier' we did. No. But we all have skills that perhaps couldn't be copied, such as spells. But I think we're getting ahead. What does the skulk say about the copiers?"

Remove ads