• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City: What's a good Class for it?

Rechan

Adventurer
Two characters in our current Shackled City game (one of them mine) just got Splattered by the flail-wielding cleric. The surviving PCs ran for it after throwing the kitchen sink at her.

So, for those who know what we'll be fighting in general, what sort of classes or focused abilities would be Good to pick up, or good to avoid? For instance 'Something with Turn Undead' or 'Avoid Fire-based stuff'.

I don't want spoilers, just a general hint so my character will be effective/not suck.

The existing party is: Fighter4/Rgr1, Rogue4/Wiz1 (Heading Arcane Trickster), and Wiz5. Not sure what the other guy will go with.

To my knowledge, the only books not allowed are: Psionics and Bo9S. I doubt ToM is allowed either.

Last edited:

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Given the party list, I'd say a Cleric would fit the bill nicely.

Maybe even make a Cleric of Kord, or St. Cuthbert or Pelor, or possibly Wee-Jas. (IIRC, those are the main chrches in Cauldron, right?)

Rechan

Adventurer
The other guy Might play a Cleric. As for those, well... The party is mostly evil (the Fighter's going for Blackguard, for instance).

We did have a Cleric, but he's pretty much working every weekend we have the game, and the person who played our Warlock found out how great having a girlfriend is.

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
Hi-

A claric is a must in SC. With that said and you plan to run an evil party through the module, check out Libre Mortes, its a great source book for all that is evil.

Also, keep us informed on how the campaign progresses with an evil party.

Scott

Warren Okuma

First Post
ShadowDenizen said:
Given the party list, I'd say a Cleric would fit the bill nicely.

Maybe even make a Cleric of Kord, or St. Cuthbert or Pelor, or possibly Wee-Jas. (IIRC, those are the main chrches in Cauldron, right?)
Yet another vote for cleric.

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
Hi-

Well, use an NPC claric, and if he is evil, make the players pay for their healing. It would be I think out of character for an evil claric to give stuff away for free.

And perhaps once the players are tired of paying for their healing and sharing their loot, the evil claric has to appease his god ya know, then maybe one of your players might step up to the plate to be a claric.

Scott

Rechan

Adventurer
1) Why would I use an NPC? I'm a player, not the GM.

2) If the Evil cleric is going to charge for healing, then shouldn't the Evil Mage charge for buffs, and the evil fighter charge per badguy he drops, since killing the enemies and taking damage fro everyone else is helping out everyone else?

Warren Okuma

First Post
Rechan said:
I get it, I get it, Cleric. ;)

But of the off chance that the Other Guy plays a Cleric - what should I do then?
1) Call dibs quick.
2) You can never have enough healing. We had two clerics once. One for healing the other for offensive spellcasting.
3) Sorc with the feat Arcane Thesis: Scorching ray and later the feat Arcane Thesis: Chain lightning, and energy admixture or the like.

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
Rechan said:
1) Why would I use an NPC? I'm a player, not the GM.

2) If the Evil cleric is going to charge for healing, then shouldn't the Evil Mage charge for buffs, and the evil fighter charge per badguy he drops, since killing the enemies and taking damage fro everyone else is helping out everyone else?

From your OP, I thought you were the DM, my bad :eek:

As for number 2:
I am strickly talking NPC's not PC's.

Scott

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads