Shadow of the Demon Lord: Alternate Ability generation methods?

Greg K

Legend
I saw the Bundle of Holding sale for SotDL. The setting looks interesting, but I was not impressed with the ability generation method that I had seen in the character generation example. So, I was wondering if there are alternate ability generation methods in either of the Demon Lord Companions or Forbidden Rules that provide starting characters with a greater range of ability scores?

Last edited:

werecorpse

Adventurer
I’m not sure what you mean.
The stats are still Str,Agi,Int and Will not Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, & Cha.
Because each single point a stat is above or below 10 results in a +1 or -1 (Ie 11 gives +1 like a 12 in 5e D&D and 12 gives +2 like a 14 in 5e D&D) instead of a starting character having a range of 8-16 (Ie -1 to +3) they tend to have a range of 9-13 (Ie -1 to +3).
There are a number of methods to roll stats if you don’t like choosing your stats - including a method that allows a player to roll 3d6 to generate what a characters starting stats are and then to add on racial adjustments.

Greg K

Legend
The stats are still Str,Agi,Int and Will not Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, & Cha.
Because each single point a stat is above or below 10 results in a +1 or -1 (Ie 11 gives +1 like a 12 in 5e D&D and 12 gives +2 like a 14 in 5e D&D) instead of a starting character having a range of 8-16 (Ie -1 to +3) they tend to have a range of 9-13 (Ie -1 to +3).
There are a number of methods to roll stats if you don’t like choosing your stats - including a method that allows a player to roll 3d6 to generate what a characters starting stats are and then to add on racial adjustments.

I forgot about the Stat- 10 for bonus.

Remove ads