Shadowend map - updated 2/5 with revised local map

Nellisir

Hero
OK, new map, slightly different style. No color yet, and needs work in a few other spots. This is a subset of the one above, and covers Roen, Romagna, the Forest of Eoghin, Everglass, and portions of Asavar and Coedalan. There's a link to the larger version here.

2198127836_de148efb95.jpg

Last edited:

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Those are great. Mind if I incorporate them into my epic campaign? I really can't do 13 complete worlds so I have to borrow :eek:)

Nellisir

Hero
Lwaxy said:
Those are great. Mind if I incorporate them into my epic campaign? I really can't do 13 complete worlds so I have to borrow :eek:)
Go for it. If you can put my name (Nathan Irving) on or by them, that's be much appreciated.

I should add that in also, actually.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Sure I'll add your name.

I used to do maps by hand but now I don't even have a real table in all the house except the gaming room (yeah, we have our own gaming room hehe) and that's always full with books and cards and maps already.

Ishmayl

First Post
That really is an awesome map - would you mind sharing some tips and techniques on how you created it? You may consider showing it off over at the Cartographers Guild; they do a lot of map-making, as well as give good advice and critiques over there. Good job, can't wait to see more.

Nellisir

Hero
Ishmayl said:
That really is an awesome map - would you mind sharing some tips and techniques on how you created it?
Nope. I've thought about it, but haven't had the time yet. I scan alot, so I should have a good number of intermediate stages, plus I keep alot of my scratch paper - I thought I'd scan some of that in and show how I came up with what I did.

You may consider showing it off over at the Cartographers Guild; they do a lot of map-making, as well as give good advice and critiques over there. Good job, can't wait to see more.
I checked it out briefly; seems interesting but I'd like to get a little more practice in and a little more time. I'm shy. ;)

Pyrandon

First Post
OK, I say you have nothing to be shy about! Great maps, rich to the eye, and well-thought out. Nice, nice work. Your maps also remind me how ironic it is in today's world, with computer apps being so prevalent in cartography (both fantasy and real-world), that the simple scanned in drawing by someone's actual hand on real-live paper can seem so fresh and wonderful!

Good going!

Sirith

First Post
Latest map is very nice as well. Love the little details like the houses and forts denoting cities and towns. Are those hatched areas arable ground?

Remove ads