• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadowfell Pregens redone

Daelkyr

First Post
Just a quick addition. WotC has edited their Tiefling warlord with errata (fixing the typo in the name and adding inspiring word). Here is the nice shiny pdf version that matches all of the other KotS 8 PreGen v2 files.

Tiefling Warlord WotC

Hope everyone enjoys.

Asmor

First Post
I was reading through the adventure a bit, and it occurred to me that in my power cards there was a glaring omission: the magic items!

So I've gone ahead and created a PDF with all the magic items from the adventure. Please let me know if I missed any. I decided to make cards for all the items, not just those with powers. I also took the liberty of writing up descriptions for everything.

There's also multiple copies of the healing potions, because there are more than 1 of them to be had in the adventure. :)

Also, I've got the fixed Inspiring Word in this PDF; in the old PDF I produced, Inspiring Word was based on the cleric Healing Word and I made some incorrect guesses. :)

http://www.asmor.com/files/h1-magic items.pdf

Daelkyr

First Post
@tintagel

Actually, the WotC Warlord is a seperate file than the rest of the 8 PreGen. I did that so the link to the other files wouldn't be invalidated. You'll want to fix that.

@Asmor

Those are beautiful cards my friend.

Asmor

First Post
tintagel, if I may make a suggestion...

As far as I can tell, there's no action icon for free actions. I'm not sure if this was a conscious design decision or not, but I think it would be nice. Particularly if you're making item cards for magic items which don't have powers, it would help differentiate cards which you can't "use" with cards which you can use as a free action.

tintagel

Explorer
Asmor said:
tintagel, if I may make a suggestion...

As far as I can tell, there's no action icon for free actions. I'm not sure if this was a conscious design decision or not, but I think it would be nice. Particularly if you're making item cards for magic items which don't have powers, it would help differentiate cards which you can't "use" with cards which you can use as a free action.

Good point. Actually, I have my own business card template for magic items from 3.5E that I plan on using. I think that magic items might be confused with powers if they use the same card size and such - but maybe not. To be honest, I haven't gotten around to those yet.

http://educatedgamer.net/downloads.htm Just scroll down for the template.

Asmor

First Post
The thing is, though, a lot of magic items grant powers. Not counting magic potions and the bag of holding, the there are 11 magic items in th KotS adventure, and of those 5 grant powers.

Thus, there's a very real benefit to having magic items use the same template.

I just make the ones that don't grant powers use your "white" card border, making them very easy to differentiate

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads