• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadowfell Pregens redone

Dayspire

Explorer
Thank you, Daelkyr and Mindshadow2k. I will be using these, and you're saving me a headache!

EDIT: Actually, I can't seem to download them for some reason. Is it just me? Getting an odd I/O error from Adobe Acrobat.

EDIT#2: Seems like it doesn't like Firefox. Works great with IE.

Last edited:

beverson

First Post
Daelkyr said:
Okay, I think this will be my last post in this thread for a while. Here is mindshadow2k's KotS docs as pdfs with a tiefling warlord, elf ranger, and eladrin warlock included. Please point out if any of the math is wrong or glaring typos. Thanks again mindshadow2k for all the hard work. Hope this helps anyone with a big group.

KotS 8 PreGen

- Josh

The Half-Elf Cleric ended up with 2 powers from other classes - a Paladin attack and the Warlock's Eye Bite...probably should be one or the other.

Daelkyr

First Post
@beverson

Your right, I must have mixed something up. My wife also pointed out a few typos that needed to be corrected. So I've fixed the half-elf (again) and edited the typos. You guys can download the *new* KotS PreGen v2 here .

Now you can get the 'looks like all the other pages in my KotS 8 PreGen v2' Tiefling Warlord WotC

Last edited:

d12

First Post
I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to Daelkyr and Mindshadow2k as well. These have been REALLY useful!

smathis

First Post
Thanks Daelkyr and Mindshadow2k.

I'm planning on running KotS this Sunday at a game store here locally. I was highly reluctant to cut up a book I'd just paid $30 for.

Your efforts are saving me a ton of work, headache and worry -- not to mention getting WotC some sales if the session wins over some folks.

I appreciate it.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Daelkyr said:
Okay, I think this will be my last post in this thread for a while. Here is mindshadow2k's KotS docs as pdfs with a tiefling warlord, elf ranger, and eladrin warlock included. Please point out if any of the math is wrong or glaring typos. Thanks again mindshadow2k for all the hard work. Hope this helps anyone with a big group.

Click here for link to KotS 8 PreGen

- Josh

These character sheets look great! And I'm planning on offering the new Pregens as options to my players. Thanks very much for putting these together.

I've gone over them and I have a few very minor suggestions. I can't say 100% if these corrections are needed, since I don't have the books obviously. I'm going off of PrRC v2.5. If I'm wrong my apologies. Great work! I know after editing PrRC how hard it is!

Eladrin Warlock

Are you ability scores mixed up? Using the ability scores listed the following changes should be made:

Will: Eladrin (may) get +1 Will
Ranged Basic Attack: Eldritch blast should be +3, not +6
Eye Bite: damage should be 1d6+3, not +4

Skills
One too many trained skills (History (from being Eladrin) +4 others)
Acrobatics +7 (not +9)
Arcana +2 (not +1)
Athletics +5 (not +7)
Bluff +3
Diplomacy +3
Dungeoneering +0
Heal +0
History +9 (not +8)
Insight +0
Intimidate +3
Nature +5 (not +7)
Perception +5 (not +7)
Religion +2 (not +1)
Stealth +7 (not +9)
Thievery +2 (not +4)​

Elf Ranger

Will should be 12 (10 +2 Wis), not 13 (rangers don't get a bonus to Will as first thought)
Longbow should be 1d10+4​

Tiefling Warlord
Initiative would be +2 (Combat Leader class feature)
Commander’s Strike should do +3 (Int), not +4
Acrobatics, Athletics, Endurance, and Stealth should be lowered by 1 (armor check penalty).​

Many thanks,
Verys

kristov

Explorer
I notice for all of the "Additional" pregens beyond what comes in KotS - they have no "Level 2 and Level 3" upgrade info.

What are you folks who plan on running these characters going to do without having the upgrade stats/levels?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I'm confused. Every Half-Elf I opened does not seem to include some of the changes from the FAQ.

"Are the half-elf's racial bonuses included in his final skill modifiers?

They are not; you should play his diplomacy and insight as +5 instead of +3."

Am I missing something?

Verys Arkon

First Post
kristov said:
I notice for all of the "Additional" pregens beyond what comes in KotS - they have no "Level 2 and Level 3" upgrade info.

What are you folks who plan on running these characters going to do without having the upgrade stats/levels?

I figure by the time my group makes it to second level we will have the books to level with. If not, I'll substitute some other classes powers for the time being.

Asmor

First Post
Thanks to some templates available at this site, I was able to make a PDF of just the power cards used by the pregen PCs in KotS, something I haven't seen yet. A nice, simple one-stop shop for all your KotS powers.

A note on the half-elf. I included Eyebite as its "multiclass" power, since that seemed like a better choice to me than the suggested Bolstering Strike.

This file only has cards for the "official" 5 characters.

EDIT: It was too large to upload to ENWorld, so you can get it here:

http://www.asmor.com/files/H1-KotS-Power-Cards.pdf

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads