• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadowrun 5E coming soon

Kye_Tyrad

First Post
So for someone starting out in Shadowrun, where should I begin to get familiar with the campaign? Wait until 5e comes out or read the previous material? Also, what age groups would you suggest should get into Shadowrun, in regards to the complexity of the rules? My son is getting to the age of being able to play some of the Tabletop games and I think he would like this setting? Last time I played Shadowrun myself was about 20 years ago, so a lot has changed since then!

Derren

Hero
So for someone starting out in Shadowrun, where should I begin to get familiar with the campaign? Wait until 5e comes out or read the previous material? Also, what age groups would you suggest should get into Shadowrun, in regards to the complexity of the rules? My son is getting to the age of being able to play some of the Tabletop games and I think he would like this setting? Last time I played Shadowrun myself was about 20 years ago, so a lot has changed since then!

I am not all that familiar with the Shadowrun setting 20 years ago so that I can do a comparison.
As for getting your son to play, I would wait for 5E. It will have a introduction set for new players where you can start and most of the skill checks have been normalized to use the same basic attribute + skill mechanic.
If your son would like Shadowrun? No idea. You have to answer that. SR is pretty dystopian and dark and imo not all that children friendly but it also depends on how you present the setting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads