Shadowrun, anyone interested in playing?

Zerith

First Post
I'm thinking of starting a game, after finals. Just a note, I'm a newbie to SR and as such any astral plan/Matrix play will be light at best. I will be looking for 4 players, 5 max(No one wants a massive wait as people try to post in order). It will be in my own setting and will have a good few central characters to develop the central plot from, Several events are already formed, including a race, of sorts (Lets just say you're goal would not be to come in first...) as for the kind of game, the setting is built so that it can handle a party, nearly, strait out of Mad Max while also being able to fully accommodate a more thought out, sneaky, mentality, even switch between the two within reason. Questions?

Zerith

First Post
4th. I have a WIP of the initial post, it is by no means complete, but may give you a better idea of the general theme. [sblock=WIP] Last Haven City, This massive, multi leveled, sprawl is a home to many kinds of individual. From corporate CEO to the lowest gutter rat, Last Haven has them all, the higher levels, the newest, are uniformly of the higher class these levels rarely suffer any of the excitement that the lowest reaches of this ever expanding supper complex sees on a nightly bases. [sblock=Extraterritoriality]Interestingly enough, however, the corporations, Dra’Gole in particular, have not abandoned the lower reaches, Extraterritoriality extends strait down, and so while no corporation, nor government, polices the bottom most levels even in a minimal effort to save face, corporate forces are always waiting for trouble on their borders. Dra’Gole holds an odd station; it guaranties the stability of every level above ‘ground level’. Thus it has a powerful, fully militarized, presence on every level, defending both its own territories and any perceived structural weakness with excessive force: No successful attempt has gone through to bring down a level since 2031, the year he third level was finished. In 2030 a collapse was caused by an area two blocks wide and showed inadequate protection of the cities key structures; in the past 43 years, both Dra’Gole Territories and these key structural points have been a no man’s land that stand perfectly pristine in stark contrast to the utter decay of the lowest levels, defended overzelusly by Dra’Gole soldiers.[/sblock] Our story begins in level 3* low security, and the favored level for fixers to meet with runners, low key enough that no one really cares who is going were, but it still enjoys regular, enough, patrols to prevent many of the hassles that the lower levels suffer from. You’re a Shadowrunner, and you’re joining a newly gathered team; new to Haven, just crawling out of the gutter, or otherwise just making a name for yourself, you’re all meeting The Dragon’s Cavern, owned by Drake aka “Grinagain”(Grin-again) [*3th level over ground level; ground level is better known as the basement, or level 0 by the corperations] [sblock=Grinagain]It’s unknown if he is a very tall, handsome and exceedingly lengthy troll or if he is a exceedingly tall human, but it is own he is around nine and a half feet tall. Eldest and tallest of the three “Abomintions”*, he and his team commonly command fees that other runners can only dream of; this has not, however, stopped Drake from branching out into other aspects of… commerce. The Dragon’s Cavern is an example, this is an all in one stop for lower end runners, weapons, ammunition, safe quarters, Drake offers most everything, including insolated meeting rooms, at a reasonable price. Architecturally, the Cavern lives up to its name, all the doors are double with a combined width of ten feet or greater while being thirteen feet or more tall, and the hallways the same, at their narrowest; cars can, and some time do, navigate the structure; this luxury of scale seems utterly bizarre until one remembers, Drake is vary tall. [*a three man team of shadowrunners, they use the ‘smash and grab’ method to great successes. The other two are Zuak and Drathin, Zuak is the smallest, towering in at a ‘mere’ eight foot twelve, and Drathin is bar none the largest, nearly as tall as Drake but overbuilt] Unsurprisingly, Drake has, previously started working as a fixer, commonly contracting out jobs he dos not wish to take on personally (Namely those with too low of a payout.) [/sblock][/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Hmmm... I only have 3rd edition. Is there a character generator for 4th edition that you would suggest? I am tentatively interested as long as you can get a couple more players.

Zerith

First Post
I like Herolab.
But if you don't want to drop real money into a character generator program, A lot of people like Chummer. I have not used it myself though so I can't give it my own mark of approval one way or another.

And a note; Your character's will either be 'new to town' or 'young up and comers". I use quotations because your character's might be from Last Haven, but absent for a prolonged amount of time, or they might be older but just stepping into the shadows.

Talking about character generation, You can optimize if you like, but this is not going to be set up as a power game, that said, I will veto any character who is nothing but a gimmick/min-maxed (You're character has 1 logic? Don't try and role play the character as Einstein. Got 5 Intuition? Don't try and say your character is an airhead, weak willed? Implosive Maybe, but not an airhead...)

Shayuri

First Post
Chummer is -great-. Still hoping for a 5th ed version. :)

Not looking for another game at the moment, but hope this goes well!

Remove ads