Shadowrun, anyone interested in playing?

justkelly

First Post
I'd love to get involved in another Shadowrun game. I'm new to this site, but currently active in 4E and 5E. My 4E game is in Denver; my 5E game is in Seattle.

I've got 4E characters already created, and they have backstories as recent transplants to a city, so that might work really well. One is a Mage, the other is an Adept with gunslinger and hacker skills. I'm working on a couple different characters for 5E and can have them ready quickly.

Let me know where, when, and what I need to bring to the table.

Thanks.

fireinthedust

Explorer
I've wanted to try Shadowrun since 20 years ago! Never got the books.

Whatever we do, I want to be someone who can do "cool stuff at all times". ie: I don't want to be a Street Samurai if everyone else is able to pop into the matrix and I'm standing outside looking dumb.

Recommendations?

Zerith

First Post
real life distracts me so :/
I'm a newbie still, but seems you want a human generalist who has lots of edge: edge lets you do a big play whenever you must, but it's not endless, so don;t blow it all at once ;3
That said, I've no intention of going matrix/astral heavy, this campaign will be kept mostly, if not entirely to the mortal plane ;)

Anyways, I'll look into getting the RP up now that we have enough players :D

Zerith

First Post
4E.
Anyways, I Would like to get a rundown on what everyone, who is still interested, wants to do so i can see what area(s) need to be player ready and/or how in-depth they need to be.
If we're going to be running in head first into everything guns blazing I don't need to worry about how Joe the guard all ways sneaks a nap at 8:15 PM while Jerry walks down two flights of stairs for his lunch brake.
Like wise I don't want to have to go over what every guard has in terms of ammo, and other combative details, if the odds that, if the party is ever found, their booking it way from said guard who would never be in danger of running out of ammo. (in these cases I can get away with random goon stat sheets with no variation without feeling too lazy, as it would then not be a focus of the campaign)

Again, this campaign is going to have very little, if any, astral plane in it, and the same gos for the matrix, I'm unfamiliar enough with core game play than to want to try and GM every little niche I don't understand, I'm just being up front with it, so if you end up being a hacker, just know, aside from some utility, those stats are basically all fluff; if a focused hacker, or the like, is needed, odds are your fixer will know ahead of time: NPCs are a tool ;3

If you want to go over character ideas here, go head :3

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Well, I'd suggest pitching an adventure idea. That's usually best: what you want to run, show off your descriptions, etc.

I've bought 5e, and that's my budget until I'm once more employed. Is there a chance you'd run that?

Zerith

First Post
If you don't have 4E we've gone over how to make a character without a book, meanwhile I can't afford to buy 5E books either. I get to buy Access to web sites for hundreds for school...

Remove ads