Shadowrun I: The Take-Out

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Kayla Goldleaf, Siren, and MAD are contacted by their respective fixers in regards to a prospective job. MAD heads into the shop owned by a friend of his to get his bike tuned up prior to the meet, and while there he meets up with an ex-DocWagon driver named Jake, who he's seen in this shop several times before. In conversation, he mentions a job, and decides to bring Jake along, since the medic's been down on his luck recently. Besides, it's best to have a medic handy if you get dipped.

The meet takes place in the penthouse of the Stonemill Hotel in Lancaster.
The runners are met at the door by a large, burly man with black hair and perfectly opaque sunglasses. Jake thinks that he looks every bit the part of an MIB from some old flatvid. The MIB admits them inside.

There, they are met by the Johnson, a thin man of medium height with sandy-colored hair and wire-rimmed glasses. He is flanked by a second man, who in all matters of size and appearance looks exactly like the one at the door.

"You can call me Mr. Thorn," the blond man says, shaking the hands of the male runners and kissing those of the females. "Myself and my associates" - he indicates the two MIBs - "are emissaries of a certain government, though for reasons of my security and yours I'm not at liberty to say which." He walks over to a small desk and pours himself a drink. He offers it to anyone else who wants one, and then sits back down.

"Here is the situation. At Franklin & Marshall University here in Lancaster, there is a certain young woman by the name of Janice Sellers. The nature of her work is within the biotechnology and medical field. My employers wish to procure the services of this young woman, and thus we would like you to liberate her from her employers."

Yeah, I don't think the fixer/Johnson would allow the secondary recruitment of Jake, but, hey...

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Kayla had spent her day relaxing, and soaking in the tub. she hadn't been able to decide on the meet one way or the other, she could quite easily support herself from her teaching of sorcery, she really didn't have many expenses, Kiros took care of everything, all she had to do was a few hours of work and it wasn't difficult, just boring after the courts. Ultimately, that was the reason that the blond elf arrived at the meet. She was wearing a a black body sock that hugged her curves in all of the right places and provided a good deal of protection with the Kevlar fibers woven in. A long sleeve green silk top and a pair of black pants of the same fine light weight silk cover the armor, and a black cloak embroidered with gold mystical symbols completes the outfit, giving off a vibe of, I have money and magic, don't piss me off.

Kayla simply gives a stately nod as her hand is kissed, acting for all the world as if it were as common occurance. The elf switches her vision over to the astral, doing her best to read the aura's of those around her, looking for clues about who they are, as well as any black spots in their Auras that would indicate cyberware. (5d6 vs TN 4, Aura Reading 4 as complementary; one for each person in the room.)

"Well, Mr. Thorn, there are a few important details to discuss, will she be amicable to this? A willing target is entirely different then an unwilling one. The other question I have is why exactly did you bring us specifically together for this, I don't believe any of us know each other, so that means you know what skills will be required, and that we match that skill set."

Thanee

First Post
Siren

Growing more and more accustomed to the required professionalism in her new line of work, Siren decided on a more traditional outfit for this meeting and after browsing a few fashion catalogues online as well as some trial and error with her fashion spell, she ended up dressed in a quite feminine black business suit, modelled after the example of a Zoé executive line suit, long loose-fitting pants and a waisted blazer, with a tight-fitting shirt underneath, and accentuated by red sports shoes. While not as perfect as the original, it's at least acceptable for a first try, but she will have to try harder to be fully satisfied with her work.

With an air of importance surrounding herself, she enters the penthouse in the Stonemill Hotel, and as Mr. Thorn introduces himself, accompanied by a kiss on the hand, Siren answers in a voice as sweet as her smile: “Always a gentleman. A pleasure to meet you Mister Thorn, and more than a pleasure to be of service. I am Siren.”

With that she steps back, looking around and nodding to the others present, obviously meaning her introduction for them as much as for their temporary employer, and afterwards listens to the outline of the mission as presented by the Johnson.

“We all enjoy the liberty of choice and so shall Miss Sellers.”

Velmont

First Post
MAD is taking a look at his bike. He walks around, taking some time to check every part of the chassis or the engine. When he looks satisfy, he mount his bike and starts it and start to listen to the sound made by the engine.

"Nice work. The sound is better, and I can't see your fix. So, when will you put that nitro-injector? ... You want to see the money first? You know me, I always pay... yeah, I know, but I was short on money, but I paid you, and I think I've just found something... come on... ok, we'll talk after my job..."

MAD take his credstick and pay the mechanicien. On his way back to his bike, he saw a familiar face.

"Hey, do I know you? Wait a second, you're the one who get me out of that accident in the bike race some years ago. Don't think you remember me, but damn your Trauma patch were welcome at that time. So, how business? Not good? Well, you'll tell me the detail later, I have a meeting for a job... hey, thinking about it, there is a chance that we will need some more help, and you skills may come handy. Old docwagon man are always good to have on our side in these kind of job, if you see what I mean. Interested?"

... later ...

MAD walk to the door, with Jake behind him. He looks at the two men standing next door. Imposing guys... for humans, he tells ot himself, but as being himself one of the toughest Orks he knew, with the stature that match even some Trolls, he is not impress by them.

"I have a meeting with your boss. Tell him I have a guess with skills they should like. If he isn't interested, he'll go away and forget about all he has seen, I garantee it."

He waits a moment and see one guy opening the door and making a sign that both can pass. MAD enter without a word.

... later ...

An Ork enter the room. He is tall and well build, most than most Ork, and it could be easily compare to some Troll in stature. His rude traits and many scars doesn't make him look a sympathic guy. He wears some black jeans, used at the knees and with some small holes at the bottom of the legs. His heavy-metal group t-shirt is mostly hidden by a large jacket with urban camo-color. He looks around and take a quick look at the people. He spot a seat where he could be confortable and walk to hit. He take out his jacket, put it on the arm of the chair and sit down. His gun can be seen hanging under his arm. He take a plug that is attached to the holster and plug it on a switch in his head. A small click can be heard, and you see the clip falling from the gun, quickly grabbed by the Ork. He put the clip at his belt.

"Like that, your goon will have the time to shoot me down before I recharge... but I doubt any of this is needed, we are here to speak of business after all. I present you a friend of mine that could be a good asset, depending of the job."

... later ...

After the meeting has started, he listen to others questions.

"Looks like she asks good questions" MAD say looking at Kayla.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Well, Mr. Thorn, there are a few important details to discuss, will she be amicable to this? A willing target is entirely different then an unwilling one.
"Indeed, Ms. Sellers was the one who contacted us. She is well aware of where her future would likely lie, given the current situation." Thorn sips his drink. "Perhaps I should explain. Ms. Sellers has already graduated, as of two years ago. However, she has chosen to remain on campus as this university enjoys a certain amount of extraterritoriality. However, the same extraterritoriality clause dictates that resident graduates must leave the campus after two years. And as it stands, it is most likely that Ms. Sellers would be recruited by Universal Omnitech, Yamatetsu, or some other biotech corporation upon her leaving. She has made it clear that the corporate lifestyle is not to her liking. Hence..." Thorn waves his hands at the team.

The other question I have is why exactly did you bring us specifically together for this, I don't believe any of us know each other, so that means you know what skills will be required, and that we match that skill set."
"Not fully I don't know, no," he says. "It is known to us that the university does have some measure of magical defense, and thus that magically-active individuals should be desired. The rigger, we hired because, as with all extractions, a speedy escape may be necessary. And, as an ork, it's likely he can take care of himself in a fight if needed. The medic - well, it never hurts to have a medic on your side. Especially in your... line of work." He winks slyly.

Shalimar

First Post
Kayla nodded her understanding of Ms. Seller's willing participation in the run, that would make things easier, and it also eased the internal conflict that Kayla was feeling, aiding someone escaping the corps was more acceptable then many other types of runs could be. "Very well, that answers that question."

At the explination of why the people were hired that were present, she looked at Jake a touch distastefully, but doesn't allow any of it to touch her face, she simply gives him a thoughtful nod. She knew for a fact that Healing was one of the most common spells a mage ever learned, she doubted highly that a mundane could treat a wounded person any better then she, and most likely Siren could do the same, she wondered what use he would be. "Did you tap any muscle or are the four of us it?" the elf asks curiosly in a slightly lilted accent of those who spoke Sperithel.

"What is to be the compensation for this extraction? Will you pay any of the expenses or provide any information on the College? Also, can we expect any complications afterward, like astral trackers using material links or even ritual magics?"

Thanee

First Post
Siren

Siren grabs herself a drink, taking small sips ladylike, while Kayla questions the Johnson. She knows that it is no good form to interrupt someone else and so she leaves it at listening for now. Also, this would be the first time she does a job outside of her gang and probably the others are more experienced with the specifics.

Velmont

First Post
Kayla said:
"Did you tap any muscle or are the four of us it?"

"Mr Thorn. Are you employing blind people or people who lacks vocabulary. Miss, have you taken a little look at me. I have taken down more than my share of Trolls during Urban Brawl game, and I can tell you that in real life, it will be the same. Now, if we need more, that's another question, but I think if Mr Thorn have assembled us here, it is because we might be able to handle it ourselves, without any more help. Let us see more closely what that job is before asking for more muscle. Use of muscle is the last thing we want. Better get in and out without being seen, and being more numerous can hinder us."

Shalimar

First Post
Kayla sighs and then gives Marc a very level look biting down the urge to cast a spell on him for his insolence, "Judging from your aura, you have a VCR and probably a smart link system, maybe even a smartlink 2 if you really were involved in the Urban brawl league. Thats not much for a cyber-warrior, but it is pretty much dead on for a rigger, which is why you are here. Siren and I are here for our magical abilities, and the medic has no chrome at all." Kayla explains, she doesn't add that the type of muscle she was used to had wired up reflexes, muscle enhancements, and smartlinks as a minimum, then again that was what she was used to among the Tir Border Patrols and Security forces, alley runners couldn't hope to match up. She turns back to Thorn. "Did you ask for any specialized muscle, or a decker? And we are waiting on their arrival to begin negotiation, or are the 4 of us it Mr. Thorn?"

"If the 4 of us are it, then that would mean you have further informatuin for us since there is no decker, her dorm or apartment number, her schedule, things of that nature. It would also mean you know what the security of the campus is like."

Velmont

First Post
As he sees Kayla frustration in her looks, MAD starts to smile.

"Well, Mr Thorn, I think your choice is not that bad... I start to like that lady. Hard headed, perceptive too, but not quite enough. It wasn't hard to guess I had a Smartlink and a VCR, as I have two obvious plug in the head, that I am a Rigger and I unload my clip with my Smatlink when I arrived. Now that you guess I had the latest of Smartlink prove you know a bit on biking sport, a point for the lady. But you forget one thing lady, times are evolving, and metal is not the only scrap that can increase the body performance, bioware too... I've seen some genetic monstruosity that could match even cyberzombie, and it is not only the hardware that can make a good figther.

Now, that we have made acquitance, let's talk business. And I agree about one thing. What about a decker. Will he be necessary or you have already penty of information to give us."

Remove ads