Shadowrun I: The Take-Out

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Your words of confidence are too kind, my lady," Spring-Heel says, bowing to Kayla.

"Yes," says Thorn, clearing his throat. "As to dispensation of payment. It would indeed be most agreeable to pay each participant. Shall we begin negotiations at, say, 3000¥ each? Would this be acceptable? The timeframe of this operation is negotiable. Ms. Sellers' forced eviction from her laboratory is a full six months off, so completion of the assignment is not put under undue pressure by time. But," he says with a grin, "of course you can't wait six months, either."

Thanee

First Post
Siren

“Don't worry,” Siren says with a wink, “It is not in our interest to wait that long, either.”

“As for the payment, well, we do have limited information about the target site. Extraterritoriality suggests a certain amount of security, you already mentioned the presence of magical defense, and as there won't be any regulations, there could be anything, pretty much. This kind of uncertainty is, of course, a big factor for us, so the compensation should cover it. At this point, we can only guess at the required effort, but I'm quite certain, that a five kay stick each, certified, could most certainly convince us to carry out this operation. And then a sum to cover our expenses, of course, bribes, hirelings, information. I'm sure you are aware of these necessities.”

Of course, Siren has not the slightest idea, what kind of payment would be acceptable, or of what kind of effort they are speaking here, but being a skilled bargainer, she does sound confident in her judgement.

OOC: Negotiate 6 (-3 to the target number, which would be Mr. Thorn's Intelligence score).

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Thorn nods. "5000¥ plus expenses... yes, this is acceptable. How much do you anticipate needing for expense purposes?" He sits back in his old-fashioned synthleather chair, stares into his drink for a moment, and then back at the runners. "I really don't know exactly what you could expect for security. They're fairly bleeding-edge in magical research, at least for this area. We're not privy to information regarding that, naturally."

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Siren

“That's hard to say without further information, which we will likely only gain during the next couple days. With twenty-thousand we should be on the good side and maybe that will leave something for a little welcome party for Ms. Sellers even.”

Mike D F

First Post
Will paused at the door way to the hotel suite. He was a little irritated at being late, but ongoing negotiations hadn't been concluded quickly enough. He tugged uncomfortably at the collar to his shirt. He was considerably dressed up from the usual. Silk shirt, a blazer, and a pair of slacks. And damned uncomfortable shoes. Quite frankly, he preferred his nice, broken in, combat boots. Underneath that he wore a Secure Ultra-Vest and form fitting body armor. The only thing that really didn't belong was his armored long coat, which went in for a hard edged, ribbed, semi-military look. That was currently draped over one arm, having been taken off after entering the hotel.

He double checked his holstered Ares Predator III, then knocked on the door. After being let inside by the standard issue bodyguard, he paused to take in the rest of the group. The two elves were easy on the eyes, and he'd likely stare in normal circumstances, but he found his attention drawing inexorably towards the rest- an absolutely huge orc, some yahoo in bizarre dress, and a guy wearing full tactical gear- in a hotel room in the middle of downtown! He blinked at the last and paused, unsure as to what he was getting into, as the rest of the group got a look at him.

He was about average size for an orc, and although he was likely as strong as MAD, he didn't look it. Though looking quite fit, the increased power added by the myomer and steel artificial muscular wasn't anywhere near as obvious-save on the astral plane. His head was shaved, again not particularly uncommon.

What was uncommon was his metatype. He looked closer to one of the Uruk-hai in LOTR than a person with tusks. He had deep set eyes set in and angular, green tainted face. Rather than orcish tusks, he had a sharp set of teeth. Probabally, most in the room probabally hadn't even heard of hobgoblins. If they were lucky they'd have seen a picture of one. He was almost certainly the only one any of them had met.

He turned toward Mr. Thorn after his quick once over of the room and went into an almost parade rest position.

"Apologies for my tardiness. I was sent here by a miss Lopez."

What the Hell am I getting myself into?

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Thorn looks up. "Ahh, one of our other recruits shows, after all." Speaking to the others, he says, "This is Will Sarli, as you can see, a hobgoblin." He then turns to Siren. She drove a hard bargain. He exhales loudly. "Very well, twenty thousand it is."

Gramcrackered

First Post
Jake's head snaps up at the entrance of yet another late arrival, his thoughts scattered to the winds by the sound of the door closing. What he finds far worse than the surprise he feels at this newest "guest" is the unease that spikes as Will looks his direction. Though the hobgoblin looked his direction for only a beat, it was still a beat longer than how long he'd looked at the others.

A dozen concerns explode within Jake's mind in an eyeblink. 'Does he recognize my gear? Was he once with DocWagon? Am I doing something wrong for one of these meetings? Should I have brought more guns? Less? Is he with DocWagon now?'

Ironically, the very last thought on his mind as he croaks out an uneasy "Hello" is Will's unusual appearance.

Shalimar

First Post
Kayla nodded in approval of Siren's handling of the negotiations, it wont do to sell ourselves, or me at any rate, short, the elf thought to herself calmly. At the new arrival, she nodded in approval again. An orc, er hobgoblin, that knows how to dress, unlike the medic, The Blessed Lady only knows how he thought that appropriate. An Astral Scan of the new arrival tells her that he most definitely fits the term muscle, and in more ways then one (4,5,2,3,11;2,5,4,1: 4 Successes). The size of the blank spots in his aura were quite extensive, and from the locations, the boy was definitely implanted 7 ways to Sunday.

"Twenty Thousand up front for expenses, and then the rest, the individual payments, once the Scientist is delivered to you." Kayla interjects, just to make that part clear, expense money was no good unless you actually had it whent the expenses came up. She turns to address the new comer. "Mr. Thorn wishes us to extract a willing scientist from Franklin & Marshall University. The place has a reputation for extensive magical security. The agreed upon offer is 5,000 nuyen a person, plus 20,000 for expenses. If you are in, that would make 5 of us."

Thanee

First Post
Siren

After a quick nod towards the newcomer, Siren says: “Very well, then we have a deal!” She extents her hand to Mr. Thorn.

“How do we get back to you?”

Last edited:

Remove ads