Shadowrun I: The Take-Out

Shalimar

First Post
"You did well, I'm surprised he went as high as he did on expenses, especially upfront." the highborn elf tells her new companion. "You can call me Lady K. I am a sorceress. I'm not much for fighting, but I do throw a mean sleep spell, however most of my knowledge lies in more civilized areas."

"Well, my thoughts depend on how secure the place is, if the security isn't too much, we can just go in and walk out with her. But I am guessing since the need was felt for shadow runners it wont be that easy. We should observe the place for a day or two while you find out what the college has going on by way of security, blue prints, that type of stuff." Kayla says, folding her cloak over her arm, revealing the flattering silk outfit.

"Since it sounds like they want to throw off the corps. who want her, my suggestion is don't just have her walk out, fake a failed wet job. Get you and someone else in as students, have them go to her lab and they can handle the deletion of the files. They can get her outside, and someone shoots her with some gel rounds, gamma scopaline, paint capsules. The people posing as students call Doc Wagon, but Doc Wagon doesn't get the call, you intercept it, or set up a program to intercept it. We mock up a Doc Wagon Rig with the help of our medic, and they simply take the target out the front. The students simply walk out, or if need be, either Siren or I could do something about their appearance to let them get away with no problem."

Last edited:

Mike D F

First Post
Will throws a scowl at the sight of the decker drinking on the job, but turns at Siren when she explains the financials.

"Sounds okay."

He pauses at the call for introductions.

"Cat." he grinds out. "Everyone called me Cat."

It's a little apparent the nickname irritates him.

"I was until recently one of the Leapard Guard at Aztechnology." He pauses. "And most of my knowledge lies in...less civilized areas." For a moment a tight smile crosses his face.

He pauses again while listening to Lady K's plan. He frowns. "I don't know. Even DocWagon takes a few minutes to respond to a shooting. So we can't show up too soon. And you can bet that anyone who sees it will rubberneck in the meantime. And throw in campus security for good measure. If that security includes a mage, which with Mr. Thorn's mention of magical defenses seems likely, I have serious doubts about the ability of gel rounds and fake blood with no wounds and a live aura to hold up to that level of scrutiny. And if LoneStar gets there too soon..."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
MAD ask for the barman a pint of Guiness. He starts to listen to everyone and take some sip of his beer.

"Forget the paintball. If you want to make it a fail wet job, you can only use a true bullet, just take something that will make some ugly wound but that would make nothing serious. I know it won't be pleasant for the taget, but we are not talking of getting out someone out of a shop, we are talking about an University. They will have nurses and doctors under there employement. There will be many person with good education, maybe they even form people in first aid and medecine. Maybe even some magical healer. If you come with a fake wound, they will see it fast, except if we can be sure the first person who will treat her will be one of us. That's my opinion."

He take a big sip of his beer.

"And my name is Marc-Andrew Dalton, but people love to call me MAD. As lady K said during the meeting with the Johnson. I am a Rigger. Right, but incomplete. I have been doing Bike Racing, Combat Biking and Urban Brawl for quite some time, so I am really good with a Bike, and I know my way with car, helicopter, boat... name it, I can use it. And the only thing that match my reflex behind a wheel, it is my precision with weapon. I can slice and dice a Troll with my Katana, or shoot between the eyes a rat at 500 feet with a pistol, and I can handle pretty well myself in a brawl or with some heavier gun. I may be not a Street Sam, but I can match some of them."

Shalimar

First Post
"We are not shooting the client with real bullets, besides the fact that she is the client and the one who is going to be getting us the rest of our money, using a real bullet makes it possible that it could end up successful wetwork, and not a fake failed one. Bullets have been known to live up to their purpouse every once in awhile." Kayla says smugly. Orc Smash, how quaint, she thinks to herself.

"Add in some capsule rounds filled with neurostun, she'll be out cold, with the paint, it could work, as long as the shooter doesn't miss and hit a something else with the paint rounds." she sighs and looks at the others, "Alright, lets hear your ideas, ones that wont possibly kill the person we are being paid to extract and keep safe. Keep in mind that if you hurt her it'll be harder to get paid, and Siren or I will have to heal her, taking us away from magical defense and warding as we get away, not to mention through us for a loop, healing is not easy to pull off."

Thanee

First Post
Siren

“There are some flaws in this plan. First, does she even have a DocWagon contract? Aren't these DocWagon guys called by radio? How are we going to stop the transmission and the real DocWagon to show up? And does the university have its own ambulance service? It's extraterritorial after all. We'll need more information first, I'm afraid, before we can go down to the real planning, so let's focus on that for now, ok?”

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"You seem to forget one big thing, Lady K. The hole. A bullet leave an hole. Fake blood will fool only the most clueless. Even if the person is really knock out, if there is only a concussion where there should be a hole, they may easily suspect something. That's why I suggest something more lethal than a stun round."

Mad start to raise his beer to take another sip when he stops in the middle of his movement.

"I got it... Needle darts. Let's use needle darts. Use a poison that, once injected into someone, he fall comatose and looks like dead. Such thing should exist. They will think she was poison to death, except if we fall on someone who is an expert with poison, which is a lot rarer than someone who knows basic first aid. We could even poison her food or drink like that, and not having to simulate a fail wetwork..."

Gramcrackered

First Post
"MAD's right, er...'Lady K,'" Jake interjects, wrapping both hands about his security helm. Though it takes a bit of grunting and pulling, he eventually manages to pull it all the way off, revealing the face of a relatively plain human with a great mane of brown hair dangling about. Well, it's a start, though he's still wearing the body armor which makes him stand out o' so well.

A broad, toothy grin splits across the mouth of Jake as he continues. "If there's anybody around who knows anything remotely medical when the shooting goes off, the whole plan sort of falls apart. I mean, if the 'bullets' stop flying, someone is probably gonna try to help the chick out. Get within five-feet of our victim and it's gonna become painfully clear s'all a big trick."

"'Course, Siren's right-er: we need more info before we can really decide anything. Oh, an' you c'n call me Jake. I do lots of stuff. Mostly involving getting blood out of the bad people or back in the good people."

Jake leans back, sagging slightly in his seat. "So, what? We need to know whether or not this chick's gotta DocWagon contract, how long'd take for 'em to respond out here, what'a odds are somebody medical's gonna be 'round, and whether or not there's a place her employer's might prefer to take her to instead of waiting for DocWagon?"

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Gramcrackered said:
""So, what? We need to know whether or not this chick's gotta DocWagon contract, how long'd take for 'em to respond out here, what'a odds are somebody medical's gonna be 'round, and whether or not there's a place her employer's might prefer to take her to instead of waiting for DocWagon?"
"I can help you out with that," Spring-Heel answers. "The nearest DocWagon-equipped 'ospital is in Lancaster, I'd say it'd take about... ten minutes to get to the University. Five if they're speeding, which DocWagon usually is. I can poke around some on the DocWagon grid, I know a few backdoors in... see if I can find contract information. Maybe while I'm there, I'll poke about in the University's system, as well, see if I can't find some more detailed information on security." He nods, confirming his own statement, and looks around to find a cyberterminal. Finding one, he goes over to it, plugs in his deck, and pulls a miniature printer out of an old-fashioned doctor's bag he carries. "Just in case," he says, patting it.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
The rest of the team continues to discuss minutiae of the planning as Spring-Heel continues to pound furiously away on the keys. You hear the sounds of the printer working. Spring-Heel jacks out after a few moments and comes back over to the table.

"'ere," he says in false Londoner accent as he tosses a sheet of paper onto the table. "This is a map of the campus, annotated by yours truly." He mock-bows, and continues. "A, B or E are the three buildings Ms. Sellers is most likely to be in. A's the biotech laboratory, B's the special science annex to the library, E would be her residence hall. The building marked D is a small complex of coffeeshops, restaurants, and small stores. You'll notice the lengthy raised bridge, which happens to lead into campus. What would stop nefarious sorts like ourselves from walking right into campus from there? Nothing, excepting that it emerges into building C. That's the 'eadquarters of security - both thaumaturgical and physical - on the campus.

"There's security checkpoints 'ere and 'ere," he says, indicating the points marked 'a' and 'b'. "'Course, I could find nothing on the security measures in place, but I can surmise that those big stretches of forest have some sorts of nasties in them. There's a perimeter fence going the 'ole way 'round the campus.

"I also did some searching about Ms. Sellers in the university's datafiles. She 'asn't got a contract with DocWagon, but the university as a 'ole does. So, as long as we can pull this off without anyone seeing, we should be in the clear. As to what she's workin' on, well, that's a bit of a problem. All I've been able to turn up is that, apparently, she's received quite a few 'biological specimens' for use in 'er project. As she's a graduate, I managed to find that 'er degree was in the medical field.

"And that's all I've found."

Attachments

• campusmap.JPG
    campusmap.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Remove ads