Shadowrun I: The Take-Out

DrZombie

First Post
"Hmm. There are some more angles to this. Is there any reason why she can't leave campus? Does she know she's going to be extracted? Is this a voluntary extractment? If it is, there are plenty of other ways. We might contact her before the extraction. If she doesn't know about it that means Mr. Johnson has lied to us." Sarcastic snort. "That'll be the first time ever.
Another disadvantage of shooting her is that there will be rentacops allover the place. Will they arrive before "our" docwagon? What will we do about them?
But I agree we should scout the place out before. The reason for discussing the very preliminary plan is that even the scouting will bind our actions, limit them. If we go as a group, or just the two mages and me, and they examine the sec-cams after the extraction it will become apparent that the three of us know eachother from beforehand. Wich means that either we need someone else to do the shooting/poisoning/fake blood thing, or we will lose the advantage of confusion."
The deep bass voice of the Troll gently washes around you, while he ticks of the various points on his strong hands. At the fierce reaction of the Orc he looks at him. "I didn't hear your arguments before. Still, if someone gets "shot", most people will not rush to the victem to see what happened, most people will dive for cover, or panic, or both. By the time they get their wits together, the victim will be under care by an elven mage who happens to stand next to the victim, and they will be kept at a distance by a very pissed-off Troll. The realism of the wounds will not matter."

Thanee

First Post
Siren

“I'm not terribly excited about shooting our client, and would only consider this, if there is no other way. About the scouting, I still don't think we should all go, just one or two of us. There will be security cameras inside for sure and we need to keep the risk of detection at a minimum. Also, a way to contact Ms. Sellers would be immensely helpful, and be it only to make sure, that she will be in the right place at the right time. I highly doubt, however, that she can simply leave the campus. That would be a bit too easy now, wouldn't it?” With a smirk on her face, the elf leans back into her seat comfortably.

Thanee

First Post
Siren

“Spring-Heel? Would you be able to take care of the security cameras inside, while some of us scout the place? That would be highly useful to cover our operation. There's still a big difference between eye witnesses and tape recordings.”

Thanee

First Post
Siren

“So, how about this, Lady K and Bull will visit the university and see whatever information they can obtain from there or maybe even try to contact our client. Kay is much more likely to have a bodyguard than I am, if it comes to some background checking. She also has the ability to heal, as she said, which I have not, therefore, she could come to the rescue as it has been proposed; another reason why she should be inside.”

“If we go by the DocWagon plan, then the rest of us, while these two and Spring-Heel dig up more information, can prepare whatever else is necessary, like getting the wagon ready, uniforms, and so on. I can also head over to the university astrally a few times and check out their magical security from a safe distance. How does this sound?”

“Biggest question still is, in what way the incident, which should call DocWagon on the plan, would have to be done. I'd greatly prefer a method that does not harm our client in any way, if possible.”

Velmont

First Post
"Seems good with me, all that. For the incident, the less arm it will do, the hardest it will be to simulate such a way that will convince any witness. And what will Lady K do to help the victim. If she is healed, where is the point of Doc Wagon to take her out?"

Shalimar

First Post
"Even if someone is healed magically, it wont neccesarily heal them all the way, depending on the skill of the Mage and the extent of the victim's wounds, it is very possible that a person will still need medical attention, especially because a spell to heal someone from potentially fatal wounds is so taxing, and also because you need to be licensed to do it here in the UCAS if your spell is beyond a certain strength, which all real Healing spells must be. Magic is hardly an exact science. Drug her with Gamma Scopaline and hit her with some fake blood, I can 'heal' her, and because I will actually cast the spell, the remnants of it will show up on the astral so anyone who wants to can check it. I'll call Doc Wagon, you guys intercept it, and pick her up. I'm just a good samaritan who was at the campus to attend a lecture. I do have a permit to legally use the spell at a great enough strength to heal a gunshot wound, so from my end, it would look totally legitimate." Lady K offers.

Gramcrackered

First Post
OOC: Random error just swallowed my post into the great oblivion of the internet. Since I'm outta time, just put me down for a post which disagrees with Lady K about whether or not we should actually shoot the target but mainly focuses on how we STILL need more info.

Velmont

First Post
"I am not use to that magic. I'll trust your word on that. Gamma Scopaline you say. What it does exactly? Don't remember having heard of it."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Thanee said:
“Spring-Heel? Would you be able to take care of the security cameras inside, while some of us scout the place? That would be highly useful to cover our operation. There's still a big difference between eye witnesses and tape recordings.”
"Yes, easy to fool a witness, not so easy to fool a camera. I will certainly try to do this, my lady," Spring-Heel says with a flourish.

Velmont said:
"Gamma Scopaline you say. What it does exactly? Don't remember having heard of it."
"It's a nerve agent, an anaesthetic, thankfully a mild one," the decker explains. "A large enough dose could kill, but it's a simple enough matter to pare the dosage size down to one which will simply lower vital signs to a level low enough to appear as death, or something close to it."

DrZombie said:
"Does she know she's going to be extracted? Is this a voluntary extractment? If it is, there are plenty of other ways. We might contact her before the extraction."
Nods are seen from the room as a whole. "She knows, in fact requested the extraction, according to Mr. Thorn," says Spring-Heel. "Seems she's not keen on working for a megacorp. Fancy that."

Remove ads