Shadowrun I: The Take-Out

Gramcrackered

First Post
"Hey, works for me. We're gonna need a while to set this up anyway - fer instance," Jake says, considering the metahumans he's been paired up with, "Anybody consider that we're gonna have to get at least one of you lookin' like an official DocWagon gun medic to ride along with me? It'd be a mighty cheap contract that results in only one worker bein' sent out to save the day."

Jake eyes Akado, MAD and Spring-Heel gloomily. Cat would stand out like a sore thumb with his unusual appearance and Spring-Heel would probably be far more useful elsewhere. That just left MAD.

Eh. Beggers couldn't be choosers.

Velmont

First Post
"No problem with me. I think it would be better for me to drive. I think it isn't the driver who does the first aid, and I am not very good at first aid, so it would be better to be you to do it. It will be a lot more convincing, and for driving, I have seen more than my share of vehicle. But I won't drive your wagon if you don't want. I know what a vehicle can be to some people. So, what do you think of that Jake?"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Thanee said:
“Very good, now the question is, can we simply walk in there like that?”
"For those purposes, I think so," says the anachronistically-dressed decker. "You'd have to sign in at the security checkpoint, of course, and you'd likely be restricted to the library and grounds - so you wouldn't be able to do a great deal of scouting around. Not physically, anyway. You mages have your ways around that, though."

Thanee

First Post
Siren

“Ok, that sounds like a start. Hopefully they are more worried about something entering the whole area astrally, than if someone projects from the inside.”

Shalimar

First Post
"She may, I do not, but just being there on the grounds should help to some degree. I still do not agree with the wisdom of putting a bullet in our client though, too much chance of seriously injuring her."

DrZombie

First Post
"Putting a bullet through a client? If she turns the wrong way at the wrong time, you'll kill her, or maim her. I wasn't told this would turn out to be wetwork." the deep bass of the troll rumbles.
"Anyway, isn't this a voluntary extraction? It would be easier to shoot with a blank and let her detonate a blood pack hidden in her vest. Someone should do the shooting when she's next to our mage and be nearest to provide some healing. Me, as the mage's "bodyguard", can stay close and make sure nobody else touches her, untill docwagon arrives."
He sits on his chair, eyes focused on the group, as if he's looking at a machine and figuring out the moving parts. "One of the mages as "assassin", or the other one as "visitor turning into lifesaver", me as "bodyguard of the lifesaver", the two guys as docwagons, springheel as decker to intercept phonecalls to docwagon, and/or delay them. Cat as backup-troubleshooter, maybe long gun for when we get into big trouble, or watching the deckers meatbod. Or a combination. Sounds like a plan."

Velmont

First Post
"Were you listening? Paint ball will not do. Too easy to spot as a simulation. True bullet is a lot more convincing, but there is always a danger. So I suggest to use drugs. There is many drugs that simulate symptomes of dead or illness without endangering the person. We could poison her drink or food or use a needler pistol. And it is less frequent to see a mage with a spell to neutralize poison than to be able to heal."

Shalimar

First Post
"Actually, there is no way he could have heard what you said earlier since he wasn't here." Kayla said to the orc rolling her eyes. If he couldn't tell if a Troll was in the room or not she wasn't sure she should bother listening to him his perceptions were obviously skewed.

"You realize of course that I suggested drugs earlier, right?" the noble woman asks the orc with a smirk. He really was an amusing fellow to listen to. At least this new adept seems to have a head on his shoulders, shoot the client indeed, she thought to herself in amusment.

"Lets just go on our field trip and see what there is to be seen, we may spark an idea that would render this conversation moot and we do have a fair bit of time to pull this off. We can meet again to plan after we have more knowledge of the situation." she says nodding to Siren to indicate that she agreed with the other elf's plan of fact finding first.

Gramcrackered

First Post
Jake shrugged noncommitally. He didn't really like the elf's attitude, but, hey - she did have a point.

"Eh. I ain't real keen on the idea of usin' drugs, specially ones which don't actually put her in any degree of danger. If a trained doc checks her out at all, they should realize pretty quick she shouldn't be needin' the extreme efforts of DocWagon - a paralyzed person shouldn't be sendin' out any sorta extreme signals that'd call for that sorta service. Then everythin' falls apart."

"'Course, that's where knowin' more about what sorta medical expertise they're likely to have on hand comes into play. So, hey, I'm all for the scouting. Like you said, maybe a better plan'll come along."

"So...eh...what should us non-students do 'till then? When should we reconnent?"

Last edited:

Remove ads