• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadowrun using DnD5 [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
I hope one thinks I am skipping them. When I set out to play the game I did not want to get bogged down in the nitty gritty of the semi-unfun stuff... like figuring out where to park ;)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
No, it's all the way cyberpunk. :) Megacorporations that have taken over the world, cyberware implants that make you half-man half-machine, guns, high-tech katanas, monowire that can cut through anything, virtual-reality information networks (the Matrix). Oh, and did I mention Magic? The Great Cycle has come around once more, chummer, rising magical energy above the thresholds, awakening sleeping dragons and activating forms out of our oldest legends from out of our very genes; Elves, orcs, dwarves and trolls walk the earth once more, and they are *us*...

Sounds interesting?

GreenKarl

First Post
One of the largest of the Big 8 Megacorps that pretty much control everything is run by a Dragon. This Corp is one of the most ruthless and cutthroat on the planet. Another dragon was elected President of the United Canadian and American States and then was assassinated on his inauguration. There are spirits and para-critters (magical beasts) all over the place. Toxic waste dumps and radioactive wastelands due to poor safety protocols or just because it was cheaper the dump it in an no go area. Denver Colorado is split between five nations and a Front Range Free Zone used as a major smugglers hub. Seattle is now considered a State and separated from the rest of the nation back east and is a hub of "shadowruning"... basically deniable illegal operatives hired to do all kinds of corporate backstabbing and espionage.

There is way to much to add here without freaking writing a book about it ;)

Yes it is cyberpunk, first created back in the days of early cyberpunk when it was still trying to decide if it was Trenchcoats and Katanas vs. Pink Hair Mohawk Wild Rockers... and then add in some fantasy :D

Remove ads