• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shaman Prestige Class ?

Latency

First Post
As the title indicates anyone seen a Shaman Prestige class in any of the Wizards books. The wizards list doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
No Prestige classes, but there are a bunch of base classes from different d20 publishers.

This is one that works better from a base class perspective anyway.

Mongoose, Kenzer, and Green Ronin each have one. There may be more as well.

Latency

First Post
Thanks arcady

I thought as much I was thinking maybe someone would have seen something in Dragon that I missed. I will check out some of the companies that you suggested.

hong

WotC's bitch
Depending on what exactly you mean by "shaman", a lot of PrCs that are aimed at druids could also be tweaked to serve as shamans.

Tuerny

First Post
This will sound very Nightfallish but there is actually a very good shaman-like presitge class in RR2 called the Spirit Walker. I was suitably impressed by it.

Jesse Dean

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Tuerny said:
This will sound very Nightfallish but there is actually a very good shaman-like presitge class in RR2 called the Spirit Walker. I was suitably impressed by it.

Jesse Dean

*is shocked* Mostly cause I didn't think of it before hand! ;) But yeah, Spirit Walker has some good shamanist qualities to it.

chatdemon

First Post
hong said:
Depending on what exactly you mean by "shaman", a lot of PrCs that are aimed at druids could also be tweaked to serve as shamans.

Indeed, and if you use Green Ronin's shaman, one of the prestige classes gains wildshape ability, which opens the door to them for taking all sorts of the druidic goodness from masters of the Wild.

Lacking any of the shaman alternative books, I think the sorceror/druid multiclass combo, with perhaps a few levels of barbarian thrown in, could make a passable shaman in most campaigns.

mkletch

First Post
I have a friend that simply tacked bard song, bardic knowledge, and some low level druid abilities onto the adept class, and it is working fine (especially since the player is very familiar with bard abilities). Simple, easy, and no additional supplements.

-Fletch!

Remove ads