• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory-Prologue: Fractured Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil

[SBLOCK]*Zaeryn, almost imperceptibly, inclines his head to the server in thanks for his unobtrusiveness...before kissing Valyssa passionately once again...their meals cooling slowly on the table unnoticed.*[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
RA:
[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
*Vanessa shifts the garment into loose-fitting clothes with several extra layers that hides her ample curves under a semblance of a bit of bulk. Then she makes a poofy fabric hat under which she hides her long tresses of golden-blonde hair. A light cloak trails behind her and finally, loose poofy pants that hide her shapely legs complete the disguise which, while not entirely masterful, make her out to be a nondescript noble of indistinct gender from behind, with only the delicate features of her face to give her femininity away.
"Perfect." Kirkesh says and gives her a quick kiss. "What room were you in?"

Kirkesh takes Vanessa with her, and heads out of the room, checking out and settling up with anything extra that is needed. The two then make their way to where Vanessa is staying, keeping an eye out for any of her guards or Sanchez.
[/SBLOCK]

Festy_Dog

First Post
Rystil:

[sblock]Hmm, what's a good demonstration of skill? I doubt a song or story would convince her of my usefulness on the ship.

"Well, you could always ask Amity about me if you needed a reference. She knows me pretty well, better than a lot of people anyway," Diedrik said, a statement with more truth in it than one would expect, "As a demostration of skill perhaps you could ask me some questions about Spelljamming..."

Hmm, maybe a song would actually help. Were it to inpire courage within my interviewer here she may be more inclined to have me along.

"...or I could belt out an inspirational tune for you. It certainly proves itself useful in a less-than-diplomatic situation."

*Diedrik clears his throat, getting ready in case Jasyra wanted him to sing.*

[ooc: Will cast Inspirational Boost prior to using Inspire Courage bardic music and having it affect Jasyra.][/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Martial Artist

Rystil[SBLOCK]
Kyuuketsuki said:
"Submit to me! Yield and accept my embrace and become my queen of the night!"
"I think not, tainted one," Yuriko replied calmly, considering the twin trails of blood oozing from her neck. "I would prefer the sun on my face, and the blessings of my ancestors in my heart as your head rolled freely from your body on the ground."

*Yuriko faced the Kyuuketsuki, entering the dance of a thousand blades stance, daring the creature to step forth. She fought on the defensive, unwilling to allow the creature a chance to get close again.*

OOC: The creature is still prone and at -4 for melee attacks correct? Yuriko will flurry with the katana, fighting defensively [-4 to hit hopefully canceled by the +4 bonus for a prone opponent]. AC of base 19 +1 dodge +3 defensive = 23, plus -4 to the vampire's attack if it is prone. [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
*Valyssa joins Zaeryn in a slow and lingering kiss along the table. her arms winding around his neck to gently stroke the nape as she clings to him.*
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
"I'm staying in a room on the second floor of the Golden Stag in the Traveler's Ward," Vanessa tells Kirkesh, "Though I'm not sure how to get there from here...But I'm sure you do! Shall we go, then?"

*She heads toward the door to the Waterfall Chambre and unlocks it, opening the door and making a flourishing gesture towards it, saying in a feigned masculine tone: "After you, milady!" before breaking into a quick fit of giggles.*
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Diedrik:
[SBLOCK]
"Why not hear a tune?" Jasyra asks, good-naturedly, "Music calms the heart and strengthens the soul--or so the old Melodian saying goes."

*Jasyra smiles in anticipation.*
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil

[SBLOCK]*Tingling with the increased contact, Zaeryn begins stroking Valyssa’s hair gently with one hand while deepening the kiss and caressing her neck gently with the back of his other hand.*[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
*Yuriko enters the dance of a thousand blades stance, ready to dodge any blow while slashing twice with her katana at the kyuuketsuki sprawled on the ground, connecting with the first of the two blows to the sound of a satisfying spray of black ichor--the creature is nearly defeated. She just needs one more opening...*

*The creature doesn't give that opening, sacrificing its second attack in order to concentrate on grabbing Yuriko, which it manages to do, grasping her legs with its claws with mocking gentleness as it grabs her and pulls itself up to meet her gaze once more, with eyes that are pools of pure darkness.*

*Horrified and filled with righteous fury, Yuriko breaks free from its grip once more and then uses the break to make her own opening, slicing forward calmly but surely as she severs the kyuuketsuki's head from its shoulders with her blessed-jade katana. As he dies, the body falls to the ground and transforms, Shadowtaint seeping out into the floor as his muscles melt away, his claws shorten to hands, and his face becomes fully human. In true death, the kyuuketsuki finds peace, human again during both day and night.*

(OOC:
Yuriko's katana 19 + 7 = 26. hit!
Kyuuketsuki takes 20 damage!
Yuriko's katana 6 + 7 = 13, miss.
Kyuuketsuki's touch attack 14 + 9 = 23, ooo barely hit.
Kyuuketsuki's Grapple vs Yuriko 12 + 11 =23 vs 4 + 7 = 11, Yuriko is grappled.
Yuriko's Grapple vs Kyuuketsuki 18 + 5 = 23 vs 8 + 11 = 19, Yuriko escapes.
??? 4 + 11 = 15.
Yuriko's Katana n20! + 7 = 27, hit.
Kyuuketsuki takes 16 damage and perishes!
Yuriko wins!)
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Martial Artist

Rystil[sblock]*Yuriko wiped her blade on the clothes of the dead one before sheathing it. She moved quickly to the boys, checking each to see if she could help them . . . heal them with the wand if necessary - they obviously couldn't drink a potion with their necks slit.*[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads