Shards of Memory-Prologue: Fractured Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Rystil:

[sblock]*Diedrik smiles and bows with a flourish.*

Heh, I wonder who this is? Was it Evrard she had seen for a moment there?

"Not a problem, my lady. It's easy to make a mistake like that when far from home. May I be of assistance nonetheless?" he asks with a warm smile.

*If it was an old friend he had run into, he felt there was no reason he couldn't offer them some help.*[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil Only

[SBLOCK]This is the best day I’ve had, outside the pursuit of magic in a long time.

*While they continue walking to the garden, Zaeryn stops to buy a couple of pieces of fruit from a local vendor, giving one to Valyssa, and then continues toward the garden*

“Valyssa, how long are you going to be in Erilan?” he asks with a little trepidation.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Talia:
[SBLOCK]
"And I will have red wine," Subterfuge says, smiling at the waitress but quickly turning his attention back to Talia without a second thought, looking into her eyes for a little while without saying anything, but then he speaks again with a start, as if coming out of a trance, "Oh, I'm sorry--your beauty has once again entranced me and left me at a loss for words. Where was I? Oh, yes. I was going to tell you about the Empyrial Shards! They're a strange magical phenomenon that was discovered by a group of intrepid explorers deep in the outer reaches of the Unknown Spheres. Doesn't that just sound exciting!"
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
*Vanessa opens the carefully-wrapped box to reveal the orchid corsage and she smiles widely and hugs Kirkesh in delight in a most unladylike fashion.*

"Oh, Kirkesh, would you be so kind as to put this on for me? These flowers are so beautiful!"
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
*Ayame gives the downcast Yuriko a hug. That's another odd thing about Ayame. Most Ninja would never risk presenting such a vulnerability and giving another such an easy opportunity to strike for the heart if they so chose, but Ayame is not most Ninjas. She seems to honestly feel empathy and compassion for all the other adopted members of the Shadow Clan but most especially for the orphans like Yurik oand Sasuke.*

"It will be alright Yuriko. I know you can do it, little one," this last comment seems a bit incongruous since the two are about the same height, but Ayame had been taller for so long when Yuriko was little, "The best way to handle it is to just not lie--that is the skill of the master ninja. Let it be the truth that you show and everyone your strength of spirit and honour and they will not question that you are what you seem. But...you're right...I can't just leave you out there alone...Here."

*She reaches into her dress and pulls out a small silver locket on a fine carefully-wrought chain.*

"Here, take this. Wear it around your neck, close to your heart, as I did, and think of me. While it stays near your heart, it will fill you with warmth and love and help make your personality feel stronger when addressing others, as if you had me there to help bolster your confidence. As for healing, I'll send you five healing potions, which should hopefully be enough. We don't anticipate massive bloodshed or anything like that...Is there anything else you need, Yuriko?"
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
*Vanessa opens the carefully-wrapped box to reveal the orchid corsage and she smiles widely and hugs Kirkesh in delight in a most unladylike fashion.*

"Oh, Kirkesh, would you be so kind as to put this on for me? These flowers are so beautiful!"
[/SBLOCK]
GM:[sblock]Kirkesh smiles and positions the orchid corsage, then slips his hand under the dress slightly and slowly to no alarm her, and to make sure he doesn't stick her with the pin. He carefully pins on the corsage and steps back to admire his work. "Simply beautiful" he smiles at her "But one more thing." He takes the red ribon, and finds a nice spot over her left ear, and weaves and ties it in her hair, so only a bit shows above the ear, and the lenth of the ribbon trails down in her long hair, peeking out and hiding amonst the golden strands. "There, you look absolutely marvelous m'lady... Vanessa."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Diedrik:
[SBLOCK]
"I'm truly sorry, sir," the girl apologises, bowing in penitence, and about to turn away when she is moved to comfort with Diedrik by his warm smile and eyes that did not judge her harshly, "My name is Nadia, and I guess I haven't learned my manners yet...I apologise again for my rudeness. You see, back a long time ago, I lived on Tymadeau and worked as a servant for a family called the Thibaults, and, well, like many of the other girls I--can you keep a secret?--well, I sort of had a crush on the young master...But I heard he was dead in Wildspace, and I couldn't believe it, so I left Tymadeau to try to find him but I couldn't--the rumours were right. So I got myself a job here and everything...but then, from behind, you reminded me of him for a moment. I'm truly sorry for bothering you, just a silly girl's foolish fancies."
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
*As Kirkesh touches her to position the corsage and the ribbon, Vanessa flushes slightly, her ruby lips smiling at the Swashbuckler's meticulous effort and even moreso at his compliments.*

"Why thank you, Kirkesh! You are very charming, a perfect gentleman!"

*She leans over and kisses his cheek.*

"You are very gallant, but if you don't mind, let us forgo the formalities and speak as friends, as I would like us to be...so if I am not being too forward, from now on, would you ignore my status and treat me as you would any other friend?"
[/SBLOCK]

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Rystil:

[sblock]
"Oh, I'm sorry--your beauty has once again entranced me and left me at a loss for words. Where was I? Oh, yes. I was going to tell you about the Empyrial Shards! They're a strange magical phenomenon that was discovered by a group of intrepid explorers deep in the outer reaches of the Unknown Spheres. Doesn't that just sound exciting!"

She blushed at his compliments, ducking her head to hide the color spreading across her cheeks. "You are being too kind, Subterfuge!" She looked up when he began describing the Empyrial Shards, leaning forward in interest. "My.... that does sound quite intruiging. What sort of phenomenon?"[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Talia:
[SBLOCK]
"You are being too kind, Subterfuge!"
"Not at Talia. You deserve every word of praise I manage to say, and for each of those, four or five more that I can't find the right way to express or the courage to say it. You know that you were always my favourite student. Nobody has as much passion for the way of the Eldritch Infiltrator as you do, for exploration, and magic, and perhaps a little bit of subterfuge too."
"My.... that does sound quite intruiging. What sort of phenomenon?"
*Subterfuge smiles wistfully.* That's the best part--nobody really knows for sure--The explorers were able to see the phenomenon, and their sensor magic detected strong auras of unknown magics, but they weren't able to identify it before they had to turn around for more air--they hadn't expected to find anything out there, you see. It could be anything, and all we know is that its something great!"
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads