Shards of Memory: The Renewal

Shayuri

First Post
The witch looks around at everyone, honestly surprised by the chorus erupting from the woodwork. "Maybe we should get a table," she says at last. "Obviously this isn't going to be as simple as I hoped."

Bront

The man with the probe
Festy_Dog said:
"I don't think we can afford to be picky on the fringe of inhabited space," Diedrik quietly laments in response.
"I certaintly don't think you'll get lucky and have qualified crew throw themselves aboard this time," Kirkesh says with a smirk. "I can spot sailing tallent easily, but I think we may need more than just some sturdy deck hands."

Kirkesh nods at Vanessa and smiles, trusting in her abilities to read others.

Kirkesh is a medium sized man with short black hair and piercing blue eyes. He is dressed in well kept utilitarian sailor's garb. He has a fine rapier on his side, and a graceful gait to his step.

[sblock=ooc]Kirkesh can easily deal with the npc general staffers if need be. I'm not quite sure what position he is now. Vanessa I think can read people well enough, and he can a bit as well. Vanessa also can heal a bit, being a witch, though how well I'm not sure, since I've not yet statted her out.

Anyway, I'll be a little spoty for a week, so deal with me as you will. I'll let RA describe Vanessa[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gli'jar

First Post
Shayuri said:
The witch looks around at everyone, honestly surprised by the chorus erupting from the woodwork. "Maybe we should get a table," she says at last. "Obviously this isn't going to be as simple as I hoped."
Nazrill nods in agreement as his gaze scans the others, "I agree, however there is the matter of a required healing." Nazril turns towards Diedrik, "Your need seemed urgent. Is this a matter that must be attended to now or can it wait. Among other abilities, I possess the ability to treat wounds, poisons and disease."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Kirkesh can easily deal with the npc general staffers if need be. I'm not quite sure what position he is now. Vanessa I think can read people well enough, and he can a bit as well. Vanessa also can heal a bit, being a witch, though how well I'm not sure, since I've not yet statted her out.

Anyway, I'll be a little spoty for a week, so deal with me as you will. I'll let RA describe Vanessa)

(OOC: She's not terribly competent at it though, as she's level 2, but she's a good back-up)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Diedrik tiredly processes the various statements of those who made a point of paying attention to the newcomers.

"Give a me a moment," he holds up a hand, then turns to the largest empty table available.

Finding a seat he signals for others to find themselves a place.

"My name is Diedrik, but I also answer to Weaver. Those of you who are keen enough to have overheard then are likely the best this place has to offer," he explains, "I'll respond to you all in the order I was addressed, then I will discuss the terms of employment."

Shayuri said:
She points at Diedrik then. "You've the manner of a Rowaini. Would you willingly sail with a witch? If not, then I need say no more."

"Call me foolish, but I let others prove themselves trustworthy rather than let their profession colour my opinion. Probably a product of lots of travel," he says, "So yes, I am willing to sail with a witch."

Nephtys said:
"Why pay for what you can get for free?" Ilora walks towards the spectacled man, letting her drab cowl fall from her face revealing her flawless features, raven hair and eyes like the midnight sky. Her voice is smooth and warm, a musical caress. "I will gladly exchange my favours with you both. I can be an asset to you wherever you seek to travel, for I am well versed in all manner of arts, and all I need in return is our mutual loyalty."

"Madam, you make an excellent introduction. That's the kind of attitude I appreciate in a spelljammer," Diedrik showed a little positive emotion through his pale and drawn features.

Gli'jar said:
“I am known as Nazrill, speaker of spirits. I sense the need in your voice. I will demonstrate my competence for you. Do you wish the healing or is there another whose body is further afflicted than yours? Take me to them so I may render them well.”

"Your willingess to prove yourself is noted, Nazrill, and welcome. For those who offer healing I put forward what may appear to be a daunting challenge. Bear in mind you may have to direct me to someone of greater experience than any of us at this table," Diedrik lays the matter out, "It is neither poison nor disease. Both I and a colleague have had our very life's essences drained. They will take potent magicks to restore. Let that not be a deterant if you have healing services to offer though. They are muchly welcome."

pallandrome said:
"While I appreciate the need for a reliable crew, you might want to be more circumspect about seeking them. You just announced to half this establishment that you don't have the manpower to defend your ship." he muttered low enough so that only the man could hear him.

Diedrik appears insulted about the remark to his sense of disgression.

"Let me begin by reiterating that we want to make up a few numbers, not reconstitute a crew so few in number it is helpless against any offensive. If you believe that this-" he indicates the four potential crewmates at the table, "-is half of the establishment then clearly the volume of voice I use to speak to a woman no more than a few feet in front of me is too loud. My naivety lends me the idea that those sitting here are looking for work and would listen for mention of it, to others it would probably be part of the background tavern chatter."

The Rowaini calls over a waitress and orders drinks for everyone at the table.

"I suppose it would be prudent to make it clear we have three spots to be filled," he explains, "The conditions of employment are as follows: There is no fixed amount of payment to be offered by the employer. However, as we are undertaking a task of no small risk we are free to divide loot amongst ourselves as equally as possible. Food and lodging aboard are provided, and help may be expected around the ship where your experience provides for it. All freelancers onboard, myself and my colleagues at the tavern included, are employed under these same conditions, and anything I have forgotten to add will probably be mentioned by the captain or my colleague."

Diedrik indicates Zaeryn.

"This job will take you into unexplored regions of wildspace, and most tasks will be along the lines of search and exploration. The successful completion of this expedition will grant you the considerable favour of our employer. Questions?"

[sblock=ooc]If Kirkesh offers to deal with deck hands then that sounds fine by Diedrik. If it is the case then:

"Be my guest," he says, glad to not have to worry about it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
The witch is silent for a moment, then nods.

"Draining of life force. A powerful affliction. Yet..."

She produces a glass flask, each one full of a clear, amber colored fluid.

"This may be of some help to you, as a gesture of good faith, and a demonstration of skill. If the draining is especially bad, you may need more than one."

She offers the flask across the table.

[sblock]Potion of Lesser Restoration. It'll restore 1d4 ability damage per dose, and cure fatigue or exhaustion, but won't touch negative levels. [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Potion]Also won't touch ability drain, I'm afraid, but still useful to have around. Also, which ability damage does it cure? According to the SRD, all decisions about the spell are made by the item's creator during creation.[/SBLOCK]

pallandrome

First Post
"I apologize for my brisk manner. It's been too long since there's been a ship in port worth sailing on." rumbles the large man as he takes a seat. "My name is Bardach. 's a pleasure. Been a sailor and ship mate all my adult life, know a thing or two bout the spheres."

Remove ads