Shards of Memory: The Renewal

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock]Oh ho! Interesting...I hadn't paid attention to that before. But alright...I have 3 potions of Lesser Restore, say two are Con, and one is Str.

Bummer about the damage vs drain thing. I was always a little unclear on those... Ah well.[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
She takes his hand, after finding a seat at his side, a soft smile on her lips and a touch of coy playfulness in her eyes "A pleasure to meet you, please call me Ilora."
She sips her drink, listening to the conversation while watching the people around her with a gaze that lingers on the handsome males a bit longer than what would perhaps be appropriate. At the mention of Ability Drain she makes an apologetic gesture, but when Diedrik is finished she speaks, gradually shifting her tone from the sensual to the professional. "Your conditions suit me well, I enjoy a little exploration every now and then and the niceties of the civilised worlds have grown stale to my tastes. I am not a bloodthirsty woman, and I'd rather fight my enemies with words than with violence, but when there is no other way I can kill as easily as I heal or enchant."

Last edited:

Gli'jar

First Post
Nazrill follows Diedricks lead and takes a seat with the others. An aura of darkness seems to follow the lacerta as he moves, as whisps of darkness seem to reach out from the shadows and caress his form before fading back into the background as he passes. Once seated the darkness seems to condense about him, dimming the light around his person.

Nazrill hisses slightly and shakes his head upon hearing of the nature of the affliction, however he waits until Ilora has finished before he speaks. "Though I can tend to other afflictions, that is one I too am unable to treat.” He looks and addresses both Zaeryn and Diedrik, “Though I am not yet a member of the crew, I will be forthright in this manner since it is one that troubles you. We either need to seek out a healer with more skill than ours or wait until our skill is such that the affliction can be treated. As for the terms of employment, I would willing provide what skills and abilities I possess to attend to the safety and well being of myself and others, ensure safe travels, and that we remain in good health while we explore wildspace and all it has to offer.”

Rystil[sblock] Please let me know if I am going overboard with the powerful darkness aura aspect. I am taking some dramatic license with it, viewing it as somewhat of a living ‘thing’ that is tied to me. When I move it has to play catch-up with new and changing positions so tendrils of darkness or shadows that I pass seek purchase until I stop and it can resume its normal effect of dampening light around my person. Additionally, I have an undefined potion of lesser rest. as well. Let us say it is of charisma.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Festy_Dog said:
"I suppose it would be prudent to make it clear we have three spots to be filled," he explains, "The conditions of employment are as follows: There is no fixed amount of payment to be offered by the employer. However, as we are undertaking a task of no small risk we are free to divide loot amongst ourselves as equally as possible. Food and lodging aboard are provided, and help may be expected around the ship where your experience provides for it. All freelancers onboard, myself and my colleagues at the tavern included, are employed under these same conditions, and anything I have forgotten to add will probably be mentioned by the captain or my colleague."

Diedrik indicates Zaeryn.

"This job will take you into unexplored regions of wildspace, and most tasks will be along the lines of search and exploration. The successful completion of this expedition will grant you the considerable favour of our employer. Questions?"

A large man, black hair tied back behind his head, dark eyes peering at the collection, stood quietly aside listening to the other clatter like rats towards a sailing ship. Eagerness unquelled is perceived as desperation he intoned mentally. Still he understood all too well the desire to leave this place, the thirst for enough money to be comfortable, safe. But caution was his watchword, and he would not jump at a baited hook too quickly.

Yet the man listened intently, though he appeared non-chalant. Those glancing at him wouldn't have though he ws paying such close attention, or even remarked he was there. Lar had cultivated that wall-flower trait well. Those who took that second look, had difficultly putting their finger on just where he came from, most assumed he was Rowaini, expect of course for Rowaini.

After Diedrik proposes what he needs, Lar does some quick risk assessment and decides that this may be worthwhile. Lar quietly joins the others as they sit down.

"Your terms sound accpetable Deitrik. My name is Lar and I have some gift when it comes to healing, though I do fear your current malady is beyond it, yet. Still I can be an asset to your crew from healing, to fighting, to well, many things. You have many choices here it seems, and healers of many swaths to chose from to round out your crew. I am sure the resourseful and established crew of the Hesychia will chose those whom they find most competent. I assure you Weaver, I can do well for you and the Hesychia."

[sblock=Rystil] Rystil, Lar's appreance is due to his Hat of Disguise. I figured he would nearly always try to concela his true form to stay hidden as much as he can. Just wanted to keep you in the loop as to why his appearance as different tha stated [/sblock]

Festy_Dog

First Post
Shayuri said:
"This may be of some help to you, as a gesture of good faith, and a demonstration of skill. If the draining is especially bad, you may need more than one."

"It is kind of you to offer, but what exactly does this brew do?" Diedrik asks.

pallandrome said:
"I apologize for my brisk manner. It's been too long since there's been a ship in port worth sailing on." rumbles the large man as he takes a seat. "My name is Bardach. 's a pleasure. Been a sailor and ship mate all my adult life, know a thing or two bout the spheres."

"Your apology is accepted Bardach. This place is not exactly one where kind words are fostered on a regular basis," Diedrik says understandingly.

Nephtys said:
"Your conditions suit me well, I enjoy a little exploration every now and then and the niceties of the civilised worlds have grown stale to my tastes. I am not a bloodthirsty woman, and I'd rather fight my enemies with words than with violence, but when there is no other way I can kill as easily as I heal or enchant."

The Rowaini nods, "I like your professional tone, it serves you well right now."

Gli'Jar said:
"Though I can tend to other afflictions, that is one I too am unable to treat.” He looks and addresses both Zaeryn and Diedrik, “Though I am not yet a member of the crew, I will be forthright in this manner since it is one that troubles you. We either need to seek out a healer with more skill than ours or wait until our skill is such that the affliction can be treated. As for the terms of employment, I would willing provide what skills and abilities I possess to attend to the safety and well being of myself and others, ensure safe travels, and that we remain in good health while we explore wildspace and all it has to offer.”

"Thankyou for you concern, Nazrill. It appears the particular maladies I have mentioned will have to be resolved through footwork, talking and coin. I'll take responsibility for them on my own time."

Fenris said:
"Your terms sound accpetable Deitrik. My name is Lar and I have some gift when it comes to healing, though I do fear your current malady is beyond it, yet. Still I can be an asset to your crew from healing, to fighting, to well, many things. You have many choices here it seems, and healers of many swaths to chose from to round out your crew. I am sure the resourseful and established crew of the Hesychia will chose those whom they find most competent. I assure you Weaver, I can do well for you and the Hesychia."

"Lar," Diedrik appears ambivalent about the newcomer's introduction, "I suppose I should not be overly concerned about you knowing which ship I come from. Welcome to the table."

He orders a drink for the new arrival, then excuses himself for a minute to gather his other shipmates at the table.

[sblock=Bront]"Sorry to interupt, Kirkesh, but I'd like to have yours and Vanessa's input on the freelancers we bring aboard. If you can spare a minute...?" Diedrik indicates the table where the potential crewmates are sitting around.[/sblock]
Diedrik returns, with hopefully some crewmates in tow.

"Now then, with immediate concerns aside, tell my colleagues and I a little about yourselves and your capabilities. Make it good because this is primarily what we are making our judgements by."

Diedrik converses quietly with the others standing with him for a few moments, then appears ready to listen.

[sblock=ooc]Check for my post in the ooc thread.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Well," the witch says in a much younger, richer voice than she'd been using before. "Firstly, allow me to put away my glamours. What you see isn't always what you get with witches, and there are good reasons for me to play the crone when my business brings me to places like this."

Her frumpy, lumpy appearance melts away into an astonishingly lovely Rowaini woman with dark hair and pale blue eyes, shapely, elegant nose and full, rosebud lips. Her beauty and voluptuous figure suggested a woman of high birth, though didn't promise it. She smiled, and it wasn't a flirtatious or coquettish expression...just a slightly wry, 'yes, this is me' one.

"Now...what can I do for you? I am a witch of no small ability, though I too must confess that the draining you speak of is most likely beyond my power so far. Healing is among my powers, but there is more I can do. I am well trained in the Mysteries of the natural world, as well as the supernatural. I have spells to attack and defend, to decieve, and to befriend. To injure, to heal, and to call on the lesser creatures of the world to aid me. In addition, I am well skilled in the brewing of potions...like this one."

She turns the amber flask around in her hand. "This potion can cure weakness of the body caused by poisons and some curses or afflictions. It also replenishes the ebbing force of life, to erase tiredness and exhaustion. It is but one example of what I can make, and with much less difficulty than most, I might add."

The now revealed Rowaini witch then plucks her staff off her lap and says, "And I carry this...the Staff of Storm's Wrath. It incrases the potency of my storm magic. Beyond that, I've a diplomat's tongue, and can spin a convincing tale when I need to. I am knowledgeable about magic, it's uses...both the magic of the Green, and the eldritch arts. You will find my counsel sage, my sooths said, and my presence a boon, be it in healing or fighting."

She grins. "Oh, and my name is Valerie. A pleasure to meet you all."

Fenris

Adventurer
Festy_Dog said:
"Lar," Diedrik appears ambivalent about the newcomer's introduction, "I suppose I should not be overly concerned about you knowing which ship I come from. Welcome to the table."

He orders a drink for the new arrival, then excuses himself for a minute to gather his other shipmates at the table.

"Now then, with immediate concerns aside, tell my colleagues and I a little about yourselves and your capabilities. Make it good because this is primarily what we are making our judgements by."

Lar nods in acknowledgement of thanks for the drink, takes a small sip and begins.

"As for knowing your ship's name, Diedrik, that is part of my skills. I hear many things, and know the right ears to listen to, the right palms to grease and the right person to extort. Information is a powerful tool, one which I an put to your advantage. As I have said I have a gift for healing magic, though my spells, as Valeries, over there, can do so much more. I have a good sense for people, and can aid you in an negoatiations. Though I will confess to a preference for subtlety in many things, you would be able to count on my discression. I have a talent for getting into and out of places others may not want, a talent no doubt renowned explorers could use. I am quite resourceful" says Lar as a dagger appears in his left hand and tumbles to his right, only to dissapear again.

"I have been here in Jhaar for some time, and seek new opportunitites. Ship's life appeal to me and the threat of danger does not daunt me, but provides some excitement. I can asure you that all my talents would be put to the best of the crew. You are offering an equal share of rewards, so an equal share of risk is what I can promise in return. My magic is quite potent and though I cannot heal your loss yet, I know that I can find you one who can. I am sure all these fine candidates will fill your needs in some way, but I assure you that my discression is well tempered with the ability to fight when needed, and my healing is second to none. I can provide the Heschyia with a unique group of skills."

And Lar takes another sip of his drink as he watches Dietrik for his response.

Nephtys

First Post
Ilora watches the Witches transformation, raising a surprised eyebrow. How lovely she is, she thinks to herself, and how closely matched we must be... She listens to Valerie and Lar before making her own pitch.
"I could tell you about my background, about my childhood and my home. I could tell you about my enemies and my friends, the battles I've fought and won, and lost. I could tell you centuries worth of stories about myself. Perhaps, in due time, I will. But that is not what you need to know, nor do I know you well enough to expose myself to you that way. The story of how I've found myself here today is not of immediate importance." she takes a sip, and looks dreamily past, reliving her memories for a second.
"But know that I can serve you in any number of ways, besides the obvious." She smiles, "I too know a little of transformation." She casts a spell and suddenly a Satyr sits in her chair, winking with its masculine face at Diedrik while letting the touch of her hoof on his leg show that her new facade is no lowly illusion. She enjoys his expression for a moment before casting another spell and vanishing. "I am sorry for this flagrant display, but perhaps it illustrates my point, though the point itself may be unpalatable. I can be nearly anyone, and go almost anywhere even though that's not the true focus of my craft." She laughs quietly, a sensuous sound once again in her own voice and reappears as herself. "But fear not, this is my true self."
She grimaces slightly, an endearing little frown, "But I grow disgusted at my own bragging and implied exaggerations, and I shall say no more. I imagine we are all closely matched one way or another, so rather than letting words decide your choice perhaps the situation calls for something more concrete. May I suggest a competition, if that would not offend? A tourney perhaps, to unconsciousness, incapacitation or surrender? The many healers in our number should make the risk minimal, and those who still fear to die... Well, they could save themselves many more such and greater risks."

pallandrome

First Post
The large Lacerta stared unblinkingly at the shape-shifting ladies, but kept silent as they spoke. When his turn came, he addressed his potential employers directly.
"I been a shipman for onwards fifteen years now. I don't take kindly with slavery or piracy, and never been partial to side with mutineers. I know the workings of a spelljammer backwards and front, and have held off my share of boardings besides, be they humanoid or otherwise, with my trusty whip and the spirits at my back. I know better than to expect a safe voyage with you folk, you look worn and expectin' to be more so, but a little danger on the prow never stopped old Bardach from his duties." He motioned towards the others, "We can wrestle around if you want, but being able to pound the next fellah into the deck doesn't make a person into a boon traveling companion. Pick who you like, and who you trust, says I."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Nephtys said:
"I could tell you about my background, about my childhood and my home. I could tell you about my enemies and my friends, the battles I've fought and won, and lost. I could tell you centuries worth of stories about myself. Perhaps, in due time, I will. But that is not what you need to know, nor do I know you well enough to expose myself to you that way. The story of how I've found myself here today is not of immediate importance." she takes a sip, and looks dreamily past, reliving her memories for a second.
"That's just as well then. I did not ask for them nor do I have centuries to spare," Diedrik said with a humoured smile.

Nephtys said:
She grimaces slightly, an endearing little frown, "But I grow disgusted at my own bragging and implied exaggerations, and I shall say no more. I imagine we are all closely matched one way or another, so rather than letting words decide your choice perhaps the situation calls for something more concrete. May I suggest a competition, if that would not offend? A tourney perhaps, to unconsciousness, incapacitation or surrender? The many healers in our number should make the risk minimal, and those who still fear to die... Well, they could save themselves many more such and greater risks."
Diedrik tugs at his goatee, "I don't feel any need for those gathered to have a competition of martial prowess, unless my colleagues desire otherwise. I myself am in no mood for seeing combat at present, I saw enough on the way here and there'll be plenty more to be had on our journey yet.

"Nazrill, I believe yours is the only introduction left. Summarise what you've already told me for my colleagues, if it's not too much trouble. Once you're done my colleagues and I will retire for a few minutes to make our choices."

Remove ads