• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory: The Renewal

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=Kirkesh]"Do you think she's a Sidhe then? Or a Nymph? She has to be a fey since only Fey can use that spell to turn into a Satyr."[/SBLOCK]
[sblock=Vanessa]"Yes, she most likely is Sidhe then. Shrewd, in control, every movement intentional. Be wary of yourself around her, at least till we know her better. Do you think Valerie recognizes you? Would you feel better if she was not along? Or perhaps keeping a close eye on her so we don't have to worry about who she might tell what?"[/sblock]
"Indeed Lady Valerie, I was quite sure there was some noble blood in you, as you have many of the... features of Rowaini nobility as it were," Kirkesh says with a demure smile. His dress, while utilitarian and of a sailor, has some homage to Rowaini, and even his accent and manor place him there as well. "I assume then that this is indeed in the past, and not something you still actively run from?"

"It's a good man who stands behind his captain through thick and thin, Bardach," Kirkesh says. "The Minerva you say? Is that still owned by Captain Listre? I remember many a good voyage on that ship. There was a net hung in a small spot in the cargo hold that was a great place for... well, no matter, it was always a pleasure to serve Captain Listre, though it wasn't the most exciting of affairs."

Bront

The man with the probe
Fenris said:
Lar shakes Kirkesh offered hand. "Nearly all information is useful. The key is to find to whom. Here, at least, I keep my eye on the vessels and crews and passengers at the port. Jhaar lives and dies by the port, so who is here and when is always important. But a wise man keeps his ears open for anything benefiting those he knows and trusts."
"I see, so a man of worldly information compared to a man of scholarly information I see," Kirkesh says. "Tis good to know, and good to see as well. Both can certaintly be useful, but when looking for one, the other doesn't always help much."

Shayuri

First Post
With a wry smile, and just enough tinge of red to the cheek to be fashionably coy, Valerie accepts the compliment about her appearance. She then nods and replies, "It's been a long time since I've heard so much as a rumor of any of the Hammer. The only other being in the Spheres who might care where I am is a single old witch, whom I left behind years ago."

"No, if I didn't think it was safe, I would not be seeking to leave this place."

unleashed

First Post
“Apparently we’re not quite ready yet,” Zaeryn mutters, sitting back down and watching all the prospective crewmembers, as he waits for Kirkesh to finish with his questioning.

pallandrome

First Post
Bront said:
"It's a good man who stands behind his captain through thick and thin, Bardach," Kirkesh says. "The Minerva you say? Is that still owned by Captain Listre? I remember many a good voyage on that ship. There was a net hung in a small spot in the cargo hold that was a great place for... well, no matter, it was always a pleasure to serve Captain Listre, though it wasn't the most exciting of affairs."

"Aye, but my memories of her are all the better for it. I'd last head o her over a year past, but Listre was still captain then, and methinks he'll never be giving up that berth for solid land 'neath his feet. Any man what been good enough to sail for the ole Captain's sure 'nough a fine 'nough man for me to lay my cards with eh?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Diedrik finally rises from his seat after tallying votes within his notebook.

"Everyone, may I have your attention, please," he speaks to the applicants around the table, "We have reached our decision. As I was saying before, as much as I would like to bring along all five of you we are limited by space and supplies. Unfortunately, that means we have to go through this whole selection process:

"Bardach, Ilora and Valerie, welcome aboard. Nazrill and Lar, my sincerest apologies. While it saddens me to not have the two of you on board I'm thankful that you offered your services nonetheless."

Diedrik orders meals for everyone and settles the bill. He takes his leave a little early however after a brief discussion with the barkeep.

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Ilora seems to relax as the conversation around the table grows livelier and joins in the small talk with easy charm. Still moving and speaking with the grace of a seductress she nevertheless seems companionable, adding a touch of relaxed humour to her demeanor. She listens with some enjoyment, but a measure of distraction, to the stories of the strangers around her. But when the time grew closer to the telling of her own story her thoughts turn inwards. She did not like to dig trough her own unhealed wounds, the whole truth was just too painful...
So, when Diedrik makes his announcement she shoots him a beaming smile and soon shares it with the rest of the crew. It was a relief, in many ways, and one more step between her and her enemies. She joins in with the meal, eating and drinking sparingly but keeping the conversation light and pleasant.
When it is time for Nazrill and Lar to leave she smiles pleasantly and bids them farewell. "I would wish you good luck, if I thought you needed it. But I know men like you make your own luck. You will do well, until we meet again."

ooc:

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Lae nods and rises, " I wish you good sailing, and a safe trip, perhaps we shall meet again" and the man disappears back into the crowd.

Gli'jar

First Post
Nazrill nods at the announcement, "It is understood. Luck be with you then." As he gets up and leaves to another portion of the bar the papabale aura of darkness that surrounds him follows, lightening up the immediate area around the group.

OOC Good luck and have fun all.

Remove ads