• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Stone:Core

Loric

First Post
Read a blurb somewhere, checked RPGNOW, and they have a copy for download, checked there webiste but there does not seem to be any further development on this setting, I know its not d20, but the setting seemed interesting enough to me to possibly warrant a conversion. Is there any other information out there besides the Core book?

thanks

Swack-Iron

First Post
Loric said:
Read a blurb somewhere, checked RPGNOW, and they have a copy for download, checked there webiste but there does not seem to be any further development on this setting, I know its not d20, but the setting seemed interesting enough to me to possibly warrant a conversion. Is there any other information out there besides the Core book?

thanks

As the resident Fuzion-head, and a buddy of the primary author, I can tell you something about this amazing (and rare) product.

Shards of the Stone: Core was to be the Core rulebook for a fantasy multiverse setting published by Obsidian Studios. The book's primary author is Sean Patrick Fannon, and the best-supported setting for Shards was to be his fantasy world, Shaintar. Shortly after Shards was published, Sean had a huge falling out with Obsidian's founder, Jared Nielsen. Sean divorced himself from Obsidian (loosing the rights to his own fantasy setting in the process). Jared, never a Fuzion fan, developed his own new "5-Stat" system. There's a strong rumor that Jared's no longer using the Obsidian Studios name, and he's let the obsidianstudios.com domain name lapse., http://www.shardsofthestone.com still exists but hasn't been updated in a long, long time.

If you like Fuzion and can get a copy of the book (which only had a limited special edition print run) go ahead and pick it up. However the Shards project seems to be effectively dead. Ah, well.

Sean Fannon, BTW, is now working on a couple of new and interesting projects with his new company, Action Studios (http://www.actionstudios.com).

Remove ads