• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Share your background music playlists / resources

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I love using a combination of background music and noice generators.

For the music, I have a library of select game-soundtracks, the songs of which I have arranged into 4 playlists:

-Battle (as the name implies)
-Ominous (eerie music for suspense)
-Rural (peaceful music for wilderness and villages)
-Tavern (as the name implies. Also used for larger cities)

The soundtracks I use are mainly from the 3 Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) because I find them to be suitably atmospheric and not "in your face". Also, Baldur's Gate 1&2, Icewind Dale1&2, Neverwinter Nights 1&2, Pillars of Eternity and World of Warcraft. I also have some Baroque lute music that fits nicely.

As for noise, I use "mynoise" which I find excellent. The generators are very customizable and you can find pretty much everything you need: dungeons, sewers, battle, rain, wind, fire, spooky, wilderness wildlife, flowing water, waves, as well as lots of modern noises (ehich of course I don't use in a fantasy setting)

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Awesome, thank you!

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I generally don't use ambient sound/music in the background of my games, but I did use one once, which worked fine and I may use it again...

I even asked for a feudal Japan flavored soundtrack from the site's developer, and 3 days later he released Samurai HQ.

Tabletopaudio.com

I use a large collection of various movie and game soundtracks, especially the Thief 1,2 and 3 soundtracks. I mix them with ambient sound effects, such as forest sounds, ocean sounds, or the sounds of a busy market.

[video=youtube;bjDkRpDMuwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjDkRpDMuwk[/video]

Vyas

Villager
Back in the day, we used to let a player listen to which ever CD they wanted be it SoundGarden, Metallica or the Crow, Score.

Remove ads