Sharn: Beneath The Towers IC

tyrlaan

Explorer
Eldon Splinthollow, Halfling Rogue/Warlock

Eldon shrugs again.

"Don't look at me. I live in a city, remember? I'm not one of those crazy wilderness adventurers."

khavren

First Post
Wan-Tan

"Wasn't there some rope back with the dwarves? I remember alot of stuff lying around like shovels and what-not."

G

Guest 11456

Ka’ashawndrah Leelootuu Treeglitter Elf Enchantress

Kah shakes her head. "Hmmm. I don't recall seeing any rope with the dwarves. But I could easily be mistaken." Meanwhile, peaches has located a small cave beetle and is keeping it busy. "Meow!"

khavren

First Post
Wan-Tan snaps his fingers then starts digging through his backpack, as he reaches the bottom he pulls out a coil of fine silk rope and a wineskin. "Forget my own head next. Here, tie this to it, then we can back up and open it. He hands over the rope, then takes a swig from the wineskin and backs up to the corner.

Harvey

First Post
Between Coal, Wan-Tan, and Liu, you all figure out a clever way to tie the silk rope onto the trap door. Coal ushers you all back to the far corner of the room. He braces himself, and grabs onto the rope, ready to pull the door up.

You watch the warforged's steel muscles bulge, as he begins to pull the trap door up. The trap door does not seem to be hinged; rather, it seems to be intricately slotted into the base. The door slides up, and then is drug across the floor over to the corner you all occupy.

There appears to be no trap, to your relief. From this corner, those with normal vision can only see darkness. Those with enhanced vision can see that there appears to be a room below, built with the same architectural design as the one you are standing in. However, you cannot tell more without going over to the hole and peering in.

For Everybody but Eldon:
[SBLOCK]
When Coal finishes dragging the stone across the ground, you are able to hear some movement coming from within the hole.
[/SBLOCK]

tyrlaan

Explorer
Eldon Splinthollow, Halfling Rogue/Warlock

Eldon skitters across the ceiling, slowing his approach to the trap door and exposing himself just enough to look down through the open door.

Harvey

First Post
For Eldon:
[SBLOCK]
You peer down into the darkness, and can get very little information. At this point, since Wan-Tan pointed it out, you can definitely hear slight movement from down below.... possibly even something breathing. You can definitely tell that there is no source of light down below the hole, making it hard for your normal vision to see anything.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads