• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book I: Festival of the Dead(closed)

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Are Psychoactive Skins available in this town? Pauli would be interested acquiring one if possible. The exact skin would be Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor and can be found in the Complete Psionic:[sblock=Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor] Effect: This skin provides a +8 armor bonus. The skin is somewhat bulky and penalized you with a +2 max dex bonus, an armor check of -6 and a +25% arcane spell failure chance. The skin does not penalize your speed. Successfully dispelling the skin causes it to shrink back to its original form and remain inert for 1d4 rounds. Price: 3,000 gp[/sblock]
If available, I would like to propose that if a fellow player is willing to provide their share of the loot they could have the ring of protection +1 in return. That should create enough funding for the purchase of the Skin, if BD feels that the skin would be available.

-Blood

I don't think I'll use that skin. It's way too powerful for that price, even with the minor drawbacks, which for the average psionic user are limiting themselves to a +2 dex bonus. Basically it's weightless plate armor.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
No problem.
I saw it as weighless, no profiency required, full plate that is double the cost of regular armor and cannot be enchanted.
Maybe later in the campaign with a higher price then.

-Blood

EvolutionKB

First Post
Did we want to buy a wand of CLW? If we do between the 8 of us it will make our final gold totals 1386.31, and those that just joined owe 93gp, 7sp, 5cp. BD, I bought a war trained riding dog, leather barding and a pearl of power(lv 1). All good?

EvolutionKB

First Post
That particular psychoactive skin was updated in the magic item compendium. Price is 6000gp. The clause of being treated as light armor is also added(for effects on class features and movement).

Even at 6,000gp and the need for light armor proficiency, it seems under-priced. Compare to 16,250gp for the same +8 armor value in a +4 chain shirt, for example. I wouldn't price it quite that high, because of the +2 dex bonus limitation and the 5% higher spell failure rate, but somewhere around 12,000gp seems more reasonable.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
I accept your decision as is.
I am just comparing armors.

Code:
              Mitheral Full Plate  Psychoactive Armor   Full Plate    +2 Chain Shirt
Armor Bonus:         +8                  +8                +8              +6
Dex Bonus:           +3                  +2                +1              +4
Max AC Bonus:       +11                 +10                +9             +10
Wieght:             25lbs               None              50lbs           25lbs
Max Speed:         20 Feet             30 Feet           20 Feet         30 Feet
Arcane Failure:     25%                  25%               35%            20%
Armor Check:        -3                   -6                -6              -2
Requirements:    Medium Armor        Light Armor       Heavy Armor     Light Armor
Enchantable:        Yes                  No                Yes            Yes
Slot:		    Body                None               Body           Body   
Cost:              10,500              6,000              1,500           4,250
Everything seems to be on the level, however the big thing that stands out to me is that the 'skin' cannot be enchanted. That is an investment that will see very little return. If a psion is not worried about wieght restrictions it would appear that the +2 Chain Shirt offers a better return on your investment due to it being cheaper and it can be enhanced. Although, the 'Skin' does not take up a body slot. So a robe wearing character would still get the boons from their robe plus their 'skin' armor. Interesting.

-Blood

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads