Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book I: Festival of the Dead

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

It is then she sees that what pushed her was a man who looks a bit like a bear, and who carries a spiked club of alarming proportions. Following him are two men of more conventional size, each carrying a shield and short spear. "Who is it that killed my wolf!"

[sblock=ooc]Have I determined if the wolf is indeed dead?[/sblock]

I couldn't handle another fight, Redbeard thought, especially with a human opponent. I am nearly out of spells. The tall woman in crowd however looks like she could handle her own, as strange as it seems. With her hand on her greatsword, it looked like she would be ready to defend him from this bully. The giant man reminded him of the bullies that would tease him from back home.

"Animals such as this have no place in the city, especially if kept here by lock and chain. The wolf attacked me so I defended myself."

Last edited:

ooc: The wolf is indeed dead

The longspear was worse than useless in such a press of crowd- she let it fall to the ground, and reached back over her shoulder for the hilt of her greatsword. She was still smiling, but now her grin had a fierce and feral edge to it. "Worry not about the dead dog, O brother Bear, but instead about your ill manners and clumsy gait." Her voice was pitched to carry across the crowd, and her Jotun accent was clearly audible, though the words were in the common tongue of Avonleigh. While she hoped this altercation could be resolved without violence, she would not hesitate if tempers could not be quelled.
I couldn't handle another fight, Redbeard thought, especially with a human opponent. I am nearly out of spells. The tall woman in crowd however looks like she could handle her own, as strange as it seems. With her hand on her greatsword, it looked like she would be ready to defend him from this bully. The giant man reminded him of the bullies that would tease him from back home.

-Redbeard and Johanna-
The bearish man looks at Johanna, a faint grin ghosting across wide, blocky features. Then he throws back his head and laughs. "Ah, we've a northern shieldmaiden come down to defend the downtrodden! Right then." He looks at the two men. "You lads were supposed to be keeping an eye on that shipment of animals...bring me that girl's sword, and ye can keep yer jobs."

The two men looked at each other, and then shrugged. A moment later, they advanced at Johanna, spears ready.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard pauses to look around wondering, shouldn't a city of this size with all these extra people in town have extra guards? Then remembering he was wounded, he touches the bite marks on his arm where the wolf got him.

[sblock=ooc]move action for spot check looking for some sort of authority figures, standard action, casts cure minor wounds sharing it with Polly. Updated spell list.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
-Redbeard and Johanna-
The bearish man looks at Johanna, a faint grin ghosting across wide, blocky features. Then he throws back his head and laughs. "Ah, we've a northern shieldmaiden come down to defend the downtrodden! Right then." He looks at the two men. "You lads were supposed to be keeping an eye on that shipment of animals...bring me that girl's sword, and ye can keep yer jobs."

The two men looked at each other, and then shrugged. A moment later, they advanced at Johanna, spears ready.

Johanna's smile did not slip even a bit as she drew the greatsword. "My friend and I have no wish to be parted." Even as she finishes speaking, her voice shifts just a bit as she begans to softly chant, in Jotun, the opening stanza of an old battle song.

OOC[sblock] Wisdom, what's that? Draw the greatsword, get ready for a fight. She is not going to rage yet, and will not attack first- if she gets a better initiative she will hold action until attacked. Relevant numbers: Initiative +2, AC 15; if attacking, +3 to hit, 2d6 +3 damage [/sblock]

Imerak

First Post
"Yeah, the festival should be nice. I've been cooped up in various middles of nowhere for so long, I can't wait to see what a real city party is like." Larren grins toothily, before wincing and holding his head. He sits on a nearby bale of hay, trying to make the world stop spinning. "Hey, mind slowing down a bit? I've got a hangover that feels like a head wound."

-Johanna and Redbeard-

Redbeard's immediate looking around for authority figures doesn't bear fruit. No doubt there are indeed such persons, but they aren't at hand. A bit of the power of nature flows through him, some of the blood flow on both he and Polly ceasing, though both are still injured. (+1 hp each to Redbeard and Polly)

The two men, seeing that Johanna is ready, again exchange a glance, then they charge at her, spears leveled. One of the spears sinks deep into her leg, blood flowing freely. (-7hp Johanna) The other spear is also well-aimed, but the thickness of her bear hide armor keeps the point from her flesh.

Badly hurt, she still manages to bring her heavy blade around, biting deep into the man who stabbed her, bringing him to his knees with a scream of pain, before he sags into unconsciousness.

Imerak said:
"Yeah, the festival should be nice. I've been cooped up in various middles of nowhere for so long, I can't wait to see what a real city party is like." Larren grins toothily, before wincing and holding his head. He sits on a nearby bale of hay, trying to make the world stop spinning. "Hey, mind slowing down a bit? I've got a hangover that feels like a head wound."

The grizzled driver just chuckled, as the wagon hits a particularly rough pothole, bouncing the wagon high. "Sorry." Then they rolled around the shoulder of the hill they were bypassing, and a vast field full of tents and stalls and pavilions opens before him. Beyond it is a city that looks very much like a dwarven bastion writ large.

"Welcome to Stonegate, young master."

pathfinderq1

First Post
-Johanna and Redbeard-

The two men, seeing that Johanna is ready, again exchange a glance, then they charge at her, spears leveled. One of the spears sinks deep into her leg, blood flowing freely. (-7hp Johanna) The other spear is also well-aimed, but the thickness of her bear hide armor keeps the point from her flesh.

Badly hurt, she still manages to bring her heavy blade around, biting deep into the man who stabbed her, bringing him to his knees with a scream of pain, before he sags into unconsciousness.

Johanna staggered, and her singing stopped with a guttural chuff of suppressed pain. She had been hurt before- Jotun weapons training was often done with live steel. But this was bad- she could feel her own blood flowing, and only one of her opponents was down. Still there was no way she would surrender, not to nameless thugs like this. She brought her greatsword back into a ready position, and glared at the remaining foe. "You can run now, or die."

OOC[sblock] Still not raging. Greatsword attack at remaining target: +3 to hit, 2d6 +3 damage. [/sblock]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
-The Nameless Psion-

Who would have imagined that the Academy would have been interested in a place like Stonegate. Yet, several seers had reported having dreams of great evils stirring, and at least one focus of that evil was indeed within the city.

Which is why one recent graduate of the academy found himself in an alleyway, listening to a passing musician. Oddly, he found that he couldn't remember exactly where the Academy was, only that he had been there, and now he was to do what he could here, to face whatever evil was coming.

Around him, the city was bursting with life and celebration, it hardly seemed a place where dark evils were gathering. Yet, just as he was thinking that, a female scream sounded from around the corner.
Interesting. He stand idle-by casually listening as the musician expertly weaves a delicate pattern of notes and rhythms. Is that E Minor… or D Major… Lost in the pleasing melody, the female scream quickly rips him back into the real that is upon him.

Well that vocal interlude didn’t complement well. The pitched was high and completely out of tune. Un-slinging his crossbow from his back he quickly knocks an arrow into the camber as he makes his way from the equally startled musical to the source of the interruption.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard looks at the now wounded pretty woman. As hurt as he was he couldn't let the woman fall to these bullies, especially since she came to his aid. These thugs were into some sort dealings with wild animals as well. "Protect her Polly, I'll be coming for ye girl!"

[sblock=ooc]draw spear as move action and throw it. Polly attacks as well moving into a flanking position if possible. Init +1, Att: -3(including throwing into melee) @ 1d6. Polly, +3 talon, 1d4)[/sblock]

Remove ads