• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sheild Help!

questionmark

First Post
I was told that Sheilds in 3.5 grant their ac bonus to only one side of pc's square. Can someone tell me where in the books this is explained?

Parlan

First Post
questionmark said:
I was told that Sheilds in 3.5 grant their ac bonus to only one side of pc's square. Can someone tell me where in the books this is explained?

It s not.

Since there is no longer any facing in 3.5, shields grant ac bonuses for attacks from any direction.

Using Tower shields for Full Cover might require some DM interpretation to get right, but all the relevant rules are right there in the description of tower shields on the equipment page.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
questionmark said:

It's not. There's no such rule... unless maybe it's one of the new variant rules available in Unearthed Arcana?

You may, however, be thinking of the Sage's re-reinterpretation of the Tower Shield, on p16 of the 3.5 Main FAQ, where he requires you to choose an edge of your square when claiming cover from a tower shield.

-Hyp.

Darklone

questionmark said:
Wasn't there an optional rule in UA or the MiniHB for facing of shields?

Darklone

Thanks for the page, Uzagi akimbo
Altamont Ravenard said:
New handle (Altamont) or new title (Land Squid Tickle Mimic)? And why? :)

AR (or maybe not)
Maitre Dounjon and the others changed after 500 posts, or do I mix it up somehow ;)?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads