• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sheldon plays D&D with girls!

Wycen

Explorer
I only caught the last 10 minutes, so from my point of view, they were playing a d20 homebrew using portions of the BoEF or a related netbook.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Saw the promo for this just before it aired, after Jeopardy!. Playing D&D with the girls? Even though I don't normally watch the show, I was in for this. Then came this from Sheldon: "Play D&D with girls? We've never done that before. Nobody has." Well, screw them! As hardcore D&Ders living living in LA there's no fraking way even he could be that ignorant. So I didn't watch it, and won't. The person who posted the thread about them laughing at us was almost right. They aren't just laughing at us, they're sneering at us!

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Saw the promo for this just before it aired, after Jeopardy!. Playing D&D with the girls? Even though I don't normally watch the show, I was in for this. Then came this from Sheldon: "Play D&D with girls? We've never done that before. Nobody has." Well, screw them! As hardcore D&Ders living living in LA there's no fraking way even he could be that ignorant. So I didn't watch it, and won't. The person who posted the thread about them laughing at us was almost right. They aren't just laughing at us, they're sneering at us!

OMG!!! A character from podunk Nebraska had a misconception about D&D players! What a world...

Haven't watched it yet, but I bet Penny plays and finds it fun. Just like she mocked MMOs and then went way overboard when she discovered how fun they were.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
OMG!!! A character from podunk Nebraska had a misconception about D&D players! What a world...

Haven't watched it yet, but I bet Penny plays and finds it fun. Just like she mocked MMOs and then went way overboard when she discovered how fun they were.
C'mon, even I know he's from Texas. But he, and most of his friends (all three of them) work at Caltech, and have for at least six years. So I stand by my statement.
But I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about Penny's reaction. Kaley is the best thing on the show. I have no idea why so many (YouTubers) don't find her funny. Here's a hint guys, look up once in awhile. Her expressions are priceless! (I have seen a bunch of clips, mostly because of her.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
C'mon, even I know he's from Texas. But he, and most of his friends (all three of them) work at Caltech, and have for at least six years. So I stand by my statement.
But I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about Penny's reaction. Kaley is the best thing on the show. I have no idea why so many (YouTubers) don't find her funny. Here's a hint guys, look up once in awhile. Her expressions are priceless! (I have seen a bunch of clips, mostly because of her.)

After Sheldon says "We've never played D&D with girls before", Penny answers "No-one has, sweetie." It was her, not Sheldon, who said the line that got you so angry.

Overall, I think it was a fairly sympathetic portrayal of D&D. They looked to be having fun. Though nobody rolled under 15 the whole game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads