• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sheldon plays D&D with girls!

Crothian

First Post
I remember seeing DMs roll all the dice in the 80's and beyond. There was even a DM doing it last year at Gen Con that I saw so while rare it didn't suprise. They obviously made many changes to how people really play to make it run better for an audience and to keep is short and to the point.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
No damage rolls. They seem to have chosen to skirt the issue of damage and damage descriptions.

Although from what I can remember, weren't most of those rolls on creatures that were pretty much already dead anyway but needed that FINAL hit? Like when the Dragon comes out of the lava. It probably only had like 3 hit points remaining and at that point my group doesn't bother rolling for damage either. The Dragon just dies.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I'd rather watch "The Gamers", "THe Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising", "Journey Quest", or "Standard Action". At least those are written and performed by people who actually know something about gaming.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads