Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Shemeska

Adventurer
jensun said:
One quick question from someone unfamiliar with Palnescape.

Who or what are the Rilmani? I get the impression they aresome sort of defenders of the balance ut thats about it. Are they more concerned with the good/evil or law/chaos struggle or both? Given the powers involved on either side how do they manage to make any sort of difference.

The Rilmani are true neutral outsider race, native to the Outlands. They personify the idea of active neutrality, a Balance between and of the other alignments rather than an absence of them. They're typically very reclusive, and seek to keep the other alignments balanced on the planes, on the prime, even going so far as to act to keep alignments and elements balanced against one another on the inner planes.

Rilmani first popped up in the 2e PSMC II, and the Aurumach, Ferrumach, and Cuplilach rilmani appear in 3e in the Fiend Folio. Kiro is a cuprilach, and Shemeska's guard/groomer/assassin/mirror holder Colcook is an argenach (not that she appears to be aware of his nature). The Rilmani will continue to make an appearance in my campaign/storyhour as the story progresses, largely because the fiends have already tilted the Balance in some ways, and will threaten to do so on a much grander scale in the future. Fun stuff.

Belen

Adventurer
Hey Shemeska will you and your crew be at the January gameday? Just checking since we have not heard anything from you guys.

Shemeska

Adventurer
BelenUmeria said:
Hey Shemeska will you and your crew be at the January gameday? Just checking since we have not heard anything from you guys.

I honestly can't say. I'm not running anything obviously, and I've yet to sign up for any games. Between my job, my normal campaign on the weekends, and a number of writing projects on the side, my time has been a rapidly shrinking thing.

At the very least I'll show up for the dinner to see everyone and chatter and be social, but I can't honestly say if I'll be there for any games.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I love returning to the boards after time away, and coming back to read multiple updates like that. I feel like I finished a Novel, and now it is time for the next in the series.

Thank you much,
Graywolf

sciborg2

First Post
<<But Tristol says that illusions suck, and Shippo hardly has anything but illusions.>>

Hmmm....good point. Perhaps Shippo is his ancestor or something...

A Crazy Fool

First Post
Toras said:
Ahh. The Wack-a-Loth moment.

We had a few options.
1) Throw her into the blades in the God Corpse of Aoskar
2) Stone Shape her into something fitting, and hand her over to the Rilmani
3) Bring her to Sigil and throw her over the side (dangerous)
4) Hand her over to Apomps (amusing)

my players might have thought of #1, maybe #2 as well, but throw shylara off the edge of sigil or hand her over to apomps? that's brilliant (apomps sounds fun :] ). :D

Tal Rasha

Explorer
I assume that the players did not have too much time to think about this. A pity really, one could sit about for hours discussing what to do with the Oinoloth's consort. So, let's play a game and try to find some other cool options until Shemeska tells us what actually happened. Possibilities:

1) Take her to the Positive/Negative Energy Plane or some other highly destructive place.

2) Ransom her for that missing piece of Elysium or for something else of value.

3) Cut off the statue's head and place it in front of the Marauder's shop with a note saying: "The PCs hack slow, but they hack exceedingly fine" :)

Two things that aren't clear to me: Would Shylara die if you destroyed her stone shape? And, why would it have been dangerous to throw her over Sigil's side?

Remove ads