Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Toras

First Post
Shemeska said:
*grin* He's done that on multiple occasions, much to the lament of numerous LBEGs. Eventually however I did manage to get some level of satisfaction, and it was named 'Mords Disjunction'. By the end of the campaign Toras was openly claiming that he was going to go to Oerth, track that b*astard down and make him pay for inventing that spell. ;)

Beating up on my creepy villains... :D

They had too much fun with that. And where the portals in the inn went, most of them were randomly rolled up. *grin*

Yeah, as a chaotic good character it was my mission not to let the creepy get to me. Though in retrospeced the stop hitting yourself thing seems a little more mean spirited. Its around this point the character starts to lighten up more and things get amusing. I will have to start posting the slightly out of character jokes after the story hour.

IcyCool

First Post
A Crazy Fool said:
what are the keepers?

Hi Shemeska! I'm a longtime reader of this thread. You've got some really great stuff here. :D

I have to second the above statement, who or what are the keepers? And where might I find more info on them?

Gez

First Post
Keepers are a planescape critters. In their 3rd edition version, they're in the Fiend Folio.

They are as Shemie described them -- weird amorphous Men in Black who can shape their bodies to create melee weaponry. Nobody knows exactly where they're from. They usually pop up somewhere to prevent people from knowing "Truths they're not meant to know" or to, as in this case, retrieve "Items people are not meant to have"... Through combat if need be. Typical men in black. And yes, they're oozelike and rubbery, wear googles to mask their lack of eyes, and melt when they're slain. They have a few other tactical assets, like instant transposition (allowing a wounded keeper and a healthy one to switch place). And some sort of hive mind.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Gez said:
Keepers are a planescape critters. In their 3rd edition version, they're in the Fiend Folio.

And they're very very fun to use, even if not for a major plot event but for something lingering in the background and raising its head every so often. Reminds me to bring them back for the followup campaign. Lots of loose ends there to tug on. *winks at players*

IcyCool

First Post
Shemeska said:
And they're very very fun to use, even if not for a major plot event but for something lingering in the background and raising its head every so often. Reminds me to bring them back for the followup campaign. Lots of loose ends there to tug on. *winks at players*

*smacks forehead* Yep, I knew what they were all right, but due to Shemmy's masterful presentation of them, it just didn't click in my head. I hope you don't mind my stealing your representation of them? :D

*wanders off muttering about stupid cranium rats and memory thieves*

Clueless

Webmonkey
Shemeska said:

That reminds me - I need an answer to a particular question I asked you over a week ago.

Remove ads