• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

weiknarf

Explorer
Delemental said:
I heard a while back that the email notices for thread updates was shut off, due to a problem with a spammer co-opting the system. Apparently it's still not back on. I'd pop over to Meta and see if anyone knows if that feature will be returning (these days I check ENWorld often enough that the notices would be redundant, but in the past I've appreciated them).

I get emails... :confused:

Clueless

Webmonkey
Tal Rasha said:
One of the things I really love about this campaign is how it teaches you so much about the planes and their many important denizens. I was very pleased to read something about Lothar, and the Jester is one of the most interesting NPCs here.

Which Jester? Jeremo the Jester (factol of the Ringgivers?) Or The Lady's Jester in Undersigil, the creator of the maze/learning tutorial we went through - he of the creepy hat, coat, and tentacley Igor?
jMan.gif

Arytiss

First Post
Just felt it necessary to register to say thanks. I love reading this storyhour. It's inspired me to start my own game of Planescape which has now been going for a few months.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
weiknarf said:
I get emails... :confused:

Some of us had most of our older thread subscriptions deleted, and had to go back and try to find them all. I lost track of some good ones that I am sad about. At least I was able to find Shemeska's threads again. :)

GW

Tal Rasha

Explorer
Clueless said:
Which Jester? Jeremo the Jester (factol of the Ringgivers?) Or The Lady's Jester in Undersigil, the creator of the maze/learning tutorial we went through - he of the creepy hat, coat, and tentacley Igor?
jMan.gif

He of the hat and coat :). Not that the Natterer isn't cool, it's just that this guy has a certain... demeanor about him. Plus I had read "The Inevitable" on planewalker prior to the storyhour so I was already intrigued.

Actually, since we are talking about him, I didn't really get the idea behind his tentacled puppy. Why exactly was everybody running scared from it? I mean yes, it's a small slimy monster that can kill you quickly, but I feel there's something missing, or that I'm missing.

Shemeska

Adventurer
"What can he do but lock his door and cry to God?"

Tal Rasha said:
Actually, since we are talking about him, I didn't really get the idea behind his tentacled puppy. Why exactly was everybody running scared from it? I mean yes, it's a small slimy monster that can kill you quickly, but I feel there's something missing, or that I'm missing.

This particular story by M.R. James was the inspiration behind the Jester, and where a large chunk of the flavor comes from. The players later found out a bit more about his history in the campaign world, and the nature of the 'tentacled puppy'.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Headsup and FYI: We've been under a bit of a crunch to make some headway on a number of experiments at work lately, and half my coworkers have been on vacation, so I've had very little time this week to write. I might have this SH updated this weekend, or it might not be till friday of next week.

Moral Decay

First Post
Delurking to say I've caught up and I love this story. Nearly every premise aside from your Demented seems wrong, but from what you say I gather you'll explain some of that later. And I can hardly blame you for the fact that the prisoner of Elysium in general makes no sense -- you've already solved one of the problems I see with the standard premise there. I appreciate your Citadel of Shattered Faith even though I like the theory that nobody can logically complete the tower of Carceri. Oh, and I like the Magnus Jester as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads