• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sheperd's Pie

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I've never had shepards pie. Would you guys recommend it? I'm not sure sheep are more dumb than cows but they are ugly little buggers.

Aeson said:
I've never had shepards pie. Would you guys recommend it? I'm not sure sheep are more dumb than cows but they are ugly little buggers.
Welcome to our group's personal forum, Aeson!

I like Shepard's Pie... a lot. But - it's pretty much just stew.

cuteasaurus

First Post
Sheep are def. more stupid. If you leave a gate open, rest assured, the cows will find it and you'll be paying for it for awhile... whereas there is a good chance the sheep will stay-put unless one sheep specifically leads them out of the gate.

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Union Street's Shepard's Pie actually does have lamb in it... but has no crust. It's really a glorified stew with a **huge** lump of cheesy mashed potatoes in the middle of it.
Shouldn't it be called Cottage Pie then?..... at least in recipies I had growing up that's what it sounds like.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Welcome to our group's personal forum, Aeson!

I like Shepard's Pie... a lot. But - it's pretty much just stew.
I'm sorry I didn't see it was a personal forum. I just saw food and had to read.

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Sheep are def. more stupid. If you leave a gate open, rest assured, the cows will find it and you'll be paying for it for awhile... whereas there is a good chance the sheep will stay-put unless one sheep specifically leads them out of the gate.
Actually, in my experience (and I actually have quite a bit) they're about the same when it comes to "jailbreaks." The differing intelligence has a lot more to do with the capability of sheep to come up with new and creative ways to kill or hurt themselves.

For instance, if you're driving the feedwagon through the cattle yards, the cattle keep their distance until you've passed and dropped the feed.

Sheep, on the other hand, will bunch up around the machinery, occaisonally getting caught in the power-take-off shaft, or get under the wheels, or get to close to the auger, etc. Sheep are also a lot more likely (in my experience, but cattle do this some times, as well) to just ignore their offspring immediately after they're born.

Lastly, when you get cattle excited, they'll run...but they generally won't try to crash through obvious obstacles. I've seen a herd of sheep running toward a narrow doorway, and watched (amazedly) as the sheep to the right and left of the passage blithely lept up and crashed into the wall multiple times, while their brethren hopped through the door, apparently unable to percieve that their heads were coming in contact with a basically immobile obstacle. The closest cattle will come to that is pushing through a fence to get better forage. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads