• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

She's A Keeper!

ph34r

First Post
I've been dating my girlfriend for a little over a month now and we were talking last night and just out of the blue...

Her: "I want to play D&D. It looks like it's fun!"
My Reaction: :eek:

I've told her about the hobby and she thought it was interesting, but she never actually said she wanted to play it. She'll be posting here before you know it! ;)

Last edited:

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I'm green with envy.

Iv'e been married for six years, and I can't even get my wife to observe a gaming session, much less consider playing. :(

Ghostwind

First Post
Lhorgrim said:
Iv'e been married for six years, and I can't even get my wife to observe a gaming session, much less consider playing. :(

Try being married 15 years to a person who absolutely hates gaming...

Rel

Liquid Awesome
With a relationship this new, I'd be a little careful.

I mean it all starts just fine with, "show me how to make a character". But then it's suddenly, "I think a lot of these magic items are really neat. Let me borrow your DMG" and "Oooh the pictures in the Monster Manual are SO COOL, leave it here until I see you on Thursday." Before you know it she's all, "I'd like to peruse your figure collection. Bring them by when you come to pick me up so I can pick out one for my character. I'll make sure I get them back to you before your game on Sunday."

And then, just like that, she's not returning your calls anymore. Why? Because she already has what she wanted.

The same thing that ALL women want! Our D&D stuff!

Turanil

First Post
ph34r said:
Her: "I want to play D&D. It looks like it's fun!"
My Reaction: :eek:
You are indeed lucky. I mean, imagine that with all the D&D and d20 books that you own, she had instead said:

"Ooooh... I would really love to play GURPS!"

BSF

Explorer
My wife likes to play. Alas, she hasn't been very involved in my current campaign. First it was the fatigue of being pregnant. Now it's the fatigue of our little baby girl. But I am pulling for her to get back into the campaign sometime this year. :)

Starman

Adventurer
DaveStebbins said:
Been there, done that, divorced her (for a bunch of reasons, not just that one).

You know, I had a similar situation, as well. Maybe we could start a support group...

Starman

dpmcalister

Explorer
Ghostwind said:
Try being married 15 years to a person who absolutely hates gaming...
13 years here - and the weird thing is that she loves reading fantasy novels. She's read all the Forgotten Realms novels, most of the Dragonlance ones, even a couple of Ravenloft novels. Not forgetting her (and it is hers!) collection of David Gemmell and Katherine Kerr novels! I've tried everything to get her involved - it's just not going to happen unfortunately :(

Remove ads