Shipyard Rats (Skull & Shackles prelude) - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
This will be a short game to hold us over till the Skull & Shackles AP comes out next year. And I hope to have it tie into the first module, but since I wouldn't be able to read said module till FEB who knows.

Group for this is...

Nightstorm - human ninja... played by Kaodi
Reiko - human monk.......... played by Insight
Jabe - human alchemist..... played by kinem
Lightning - undine druid..... played by sunshadow21
Jaakali - human corsair...... played by Fenris
Kalir - halfling bard.......... ..played by ghostcat

This post will be for links to key plots, items, and anything else needed. Will kick this off in the next post.

[sblock=Level UP Goal]
Find Countess Themis's lost son Cestis - Reward: Obtain Level 2[/sblock]

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/311067-upcoming-skull-shackles-game-s.html -OOC
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues...ters-powder-monkeys-skull-shackles-ap-rg.html - RG

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Countess Hestia Themis, a small, unassuming woman of Taldan heritage with dark hair and eyes, holds a large
sheaf of papers in her small hands and clears her throat. Her booming voice, the antithesis of her stature, fills the main hall of the small receiving room in the Taldan city of Cassomir. The room seems a bit crowded with the addition of the seven other people sitting and standing around the room.

“I called you all here because my son has been kidnapped. Cestis was taken just days ago from a relics auction in the Imperial Naval Shipyards, and I believe his disappearance to be related to the six dozen or so other kidnappings of the last several months. I have tried the authorities but they have not been able to solve even one of the kidnappings so I fear they will not find my Cestis.” she says solemnly. "You are all reputed to know the docks, and to be able to handle yourselves should there be trouble. I am offering you a thousand gold Taldanians EACH, for the return of my son. Please you must help me."

Themis gestures to a teenage boy standing beside her, who nervously regards his surroundings and sweats profusely, his thick brown hair matted and wet against his head. “This is Nefti. He was there when the abduction of my son and a dozen other citizens of Cassomir occurred. He is the assistant of Kafar the auctioneer who was also taken. Nefti was at the auction, and saw where a small group of the kidnapped victims were taken. He will help guide you to my missing son. Finding Cestis is the most important thing you can do, but there is also the relic he was sent to procure for me. That is why I summoned you Master Kalir, you should be able to identify the item - an old Taldan dagger once owned by Admiral Rimfire himself."

Sitting looking like she hasn't slept on days the noble woman pleads one more time. "Please find my son for me."

OCC: IC is all yours. Please add descriptions of your character for me and the other players with your post.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Arms crossed and his face obscured by the midnight blue cloth handkerchief and mask tied around his head and face, Nightstorm asks sinisterly, brown eyes glinting, " Do you have any instructions on how you would prefer us to deal with the kidnappers, Countess? "

The man is something of an oddity. While his clothes and most of his gear is clearly in the styles of Garund and Avistan, something about him suggests an aesthetic that has a distinct flavour of the distant land of Tian. His leather armour leaves his arms bared, though he wears durable looking gloves. The way he masks his face is similar to that of the shadier folks of that land, and his curved blade is sheathed across his back. In contrast to this, however, he wears leather boots like those of a sailor, and a dark blue sash with a number of pouches across his chest. Everything about him is dark, in various shades of brown, black and blue of his clothes.

Fenris

Adventurer
Next to the ninja, the dark-skinned Gurand was a peacock. His bright white pants and orange vest, with blue stitching of flowers. Jaakali's bald head glistened with sweat as he sat in the warm room. He was relaxed, with his legs stretched out in front of him.

Jaakali's eyes widen a little at the size of the reward.

"I assume you want us to find and return the dagger as well?" asks Jaakali.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Next to the everyone else, off to one side, is a man that is literally blue from head to toe, with his clothes in various shades of green, and hair of similar colors, combining with his skin color to give the effect of a living ocean wave. Lightning's scimitar sits comfortably on his hip, though anyone who knows him knows that it is there mostly for show to throw people off of his true talents. "Do we have any idea of how many kidnappers we are facing or their capabilities?

ghostcat

First Post
The halfling who the countess refers to as Master Kalir is tall but otherwise indistinguishable from the rest of his race. He is wearing a bottle green cloak over black leather armour. He is also well armed having both a bow and a sword. While of good quality neither his clothes or weapons indicate him being particularly well off.

Kalir sits quietly through most of the countesses' presentation. A look of puzzlement on his face. Only when she mentioned the dagger does his expression change to one of interest.

Insight

Adventurer
Reiko, a slim woman of curious descent, wears simple peasant clothing: a gray tunic over a white shirt and beige pantaloons. She could easily be mistaken for a dock worker, were it not for Reiko's dun complexion and exotic facial features.

Those familiar with the dockside fights so commonplace nowadays realize that Reiko, also known as the White Lotus, is a prize-fighter of some notoriety. She fights bare-knuckle, which is an oddity in the world of no holds barred combat that takes place at the docks after nightfall. Reiko's slight frame and quiet demeanor place her as anything but the "muscle" of this group, but one cannot imagine why else Countess Themis would have brought Reiko to this meeting.

The prize-fighter waits cautiously in the corner while the others speak their minds. Reiko says nothing, watching with her slightly slanted eyes, dotted with black pupils, as she examines each of those gathered here with her. All Reiko does in response is adjust the nunchaku at her belt and shift a little in place.

kinem

Adventurer
Brushing bits of fresh soot from his dreadlocked hair since he at last arrived, Jabe Cooper cuts an odd figure. His chain shirt and morningstar, along with his muscular build and the stern gaze on his tan face, suggest a man of action. Yet the many odd vials of colored liquids and powder peeking from his pockets suggest more a man of distraction, or perhaps, an alchemist.

He listens intently to the Countess' story while taking in the strange group before him, most of whom he recognizes by acquaintance or reputation.

Remove ads