• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Shocktrooper. (3.5)

Alexander123

First Post
I have a question about Shocktrooper and it's use for a cleric.

1. Is the reason why shocktrooper is considered a good feat because on a charge you can transfer your penalty to attack bonus to AC?

2. Can a cleric benefit from shocktrooper or are there better uses for the feat slots then the two feats required? (1 prereq and then the actual feat, the cleric is already going to be taking power attack.)

Last edited:

Celebrim

Legend
1. Is the reason why shocktrooper is considered a good feat because on a charge you can transfer your penalty to attack bonus to AC?

Yeah, the basic idea is that a penalty to hit always impacts your effectiveness, but a penalty to AC is highly situational:

a) The target must survive the attack.
b) The target must have an effective melee attack.
c) The target must choose to attack you amongst its available targets.

That and the fact that Shocktrooper isn't capped tends to make it not only good but breakable. (I personally don't allow it at my table.) Whether it is in fact good for a Cleric would depend on the Cleric.

Alexander123

First Post
I think there is more to say about the topic of a cleric or druid taking Shock Trooper.

Seeing as how Shock Trooper requires a useless feat Improved Bullrush I think the appeal of taking Shock Trooper is greater when you can take a couple of flaws to get bonus feats.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads