Shonen Final Burst!

Caros

First Post
So we've got a bunch of good characters posted up here. I've got a few comments to make on individual characters but it looks like we're just about ready to go:

First and foremost for everyone except Jrodefeld, you need to fix your transformations. You all have multiple of the rank 3 unique abilities (Energy nova, final strength, etc.). Its mentioned at the top of page 112 that you can only have one of these unique abilities, so you'll have to select something else!

That said, I'll make my comments on each:

Jemal - I like your character. Apart from the Unique ability issue I think you're more or less good to go! Select whatever hobbies for your allies that you'd like. =)

BB - I also like your character, with a but. My one concern is that having a changeling style character is sorta weird in the power scaling of the campaign. We've got two regular humans with no transformations, and a freaky cyborg alien who can transform five times.

My big suggestion would be to have your character be a very weak member of the race, or, alternately, to be somewhat weak but limit yourself to perhaps only one actual transformation. Most of the 'transformations' in this first arc are more in line with powering up or trying harder than actual transformations. A cool way to do it imho, would be to have your first four be power-ups of some form or another, and your fifth be an actual swap to form 2. Just a thought.

Darksfear - Character looks good other than the aformentioned unique issue. I'm kinda curious to see the fluff on your transformations as well as your abilities. Specifically dark supression and dark tendrils.

Jrodefeld - I'm not seeing any real problems with your stuff since it looks like most of them got solved in PM's =)

I'm going to leave admission open for 1-2 more days as I've had some PM interest. I'll wait until all the touch ups are done and then we'll start!

Darksfear

First Post
I've corrected the unique ability issue, and am slowling integrating fluff into the character. Not quite done yet, but I'm getting there.

BBs

First Post
I would prefer sticking to transformations, but seeing how you did state you do not want transformations at the start, then perhaps I'll just keep the two stages locked? I like how my fighting spirit is rank 4 so I can make use of that str boost. I'll just avoid transforming all together, and add in the fluff that he is weak for his race, thought I did because that was what I was aiming for lawl! :(

Last edited:

Caros

First Post
Yeah I understand your point of view on things BBs. The one thing to keep in mind though is the idea of cyclical power. If we start the campaign with "Second Form" as your top rank transformation, then that can become your baseline or first transformation when we start the next arc.

A good way to replicate frieza would be to have your 'ultimate form' for each arc be a transformation into your next highest form. That way you're not having to create a new set of transformations each arc, or keeping with same old same old. Gives you room to grow.

Jrodefeld

First Post
Made some slight edits to my character as I decided both hyper speed and Super strength don't fit well together. Switched Hyper speed with time.

Raivon

First Post
Just need to add descriptions but the rest is done.
[sblock]
Talula
Archetype: Antihero(Power: Draw 1 card+Conditional)

Attributes
strength: 11 *Attacks Skill*
speed: 9 *Attacks Speed*
mind: 10(7+3 Technique) *Attacks Strength*
skill: 11 *Attacks Mind*
energy: 20 (17+3 Technique) *Attacks Energy*

Power up: 2
Aura: 8

Techniques:
-Spades *Passive* Control Ki 4
Power up 2, Aura 8, 1 Signature move Option, Combo Flow (2 types), Transform Unlock, retain 1 passive card in aura between battles, Upkee cost reduced by 1.
-Clubs *Active* Special Sense 3
X1 attack/defense combo, 2 card combo/block inflicts drain , +3 Mind, Transform Unlock
-Diamonds *Active* Defensive Fire (Earth) 3
X1 attack/defense combo, 3 card combo/2 card block inflicts paralyze, +3 Energy, Transform Unlock
-Hearts *Active* Offensive Fire (Fire) 1
X1 attack/defense combo

Signature Moves:
Name: Life Syphon - Drains others while boosting my attack.
Attribute: Energy ; Technique: Fire - Blaze Option: Vampiric Move
Base Attack 10 +3/PT +2 Heal/PT
3PT- Inflict Drain ; 4PT- +10 Attack ; 6PT- Intense Drain ; 8Pt- +10 Attack ; 9PT- Ignore Energy Overpower; 12PT- +10 Attack

Name: Kidney Punch!! - Kidney punch, kidney punch, kidney punch!!
Attribute: Speed ; Technique: Special Sence - Deprive
Base Attack 10 +3/PT
3PT- Inflict Paralyze ; 4PT- Inflict Intense Drain ; 6PT- Inflict Intense Paralyze ; 8Pt- +10 Attack ; 9PT- Ignore Speed Overpower; 12PT- +10 Attack

Transformations:
1 Forms, 5 stages. (3 Unlocked)
1st stage: Blazing Speed
- +1 draw, +1 Power up, Amazing Energy,
- Speed Equalization
- Enhanced Defensive Fire(Diamonds)
2nd Stage: Power Up
- Status Resist(Drain)
- Enhanced Special Sense(Clubs)
3rd Stage: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
- Energy Nova
- Signature Move Mastery
4th Stage: That's it!!!!!
- Hyper Power up
- Dangerous Form: Energy
- Down but never out
5th Stage: Okay, I'm done..
-Ultimate Form
- Dangerous Form: Mind
- Dangerous Form: Strength
- Dangerous Form: Speed

Gimmicks:
Bunny Girl (Warrior Moonkey) -
Energetic (Substitute Guardian Angel) -

Allies:
Will
Hobby: Romance
Call-in: Damage
Level 1: +7
Level 2: +15
Level 3: +25

Doug
Hobby: Deceive
Call-in: Signature Move Boost
Level 1: +2 PT to SM
Level 2: +3 PT to SM
Level 3: +5 PT to SM

Hobbies:
Interaction: Inspire 0, Frighten 2, Deceive 2, Romance 1
Action: Sneak 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Caros

First Post
Okay!

So with that final addition then I think we'll close up submissions. I'd like a little bit of backstory to be filled out on the remaining characters, but I think this is as good a time as any. So without further adieu:

Rogues Gallery
IC Thread!

Caros

First Post
Okay. So invisible castle is down, unfortunately.

If it isn't up before I get home tomorrow afternoon please use http://rolz.org/group# that for your character. Just make a group name and a character unique to you and post it in thread. I'm not going to actually be looking at your rolls until after combat anyways.

The start is to draw Five cards each round until you start taking damage. If you are using rollz then the command is repeat 5 1d40. 1-10 is hearts, 11-20 diamonds, 21-30 is clubs and 31-40 is spades. Ace through 10's =)

Keep track of 'cards' you have already drawn from your deck and reroll any numbers that come up with cards you've already drawn. When you get down to 10-20 cards you can lower the d40 to a d20 or d10 provided you are careful making sure to skip cards already drawn.

On that note, bed. lol

Remove ads