[Shop] di Senzio's Magical Shop

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC] By the way, for your information, the 25gp for the wand was not a wild number. It is the value of a scroll of Color Spray, which is almost teh same as a wand with 1 charge. Also, I must count that I will need to identify it to sell it, which will end with 135gp for the shop to spend for the wand. You'll have to talk with your DM to know how much charges is left in the wand if you don't want me to identify it, as I doubt he will foolow Fimble around and count teh charges for him, but that information worth 110gp...[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: I'd rather not spend any money on it, and just be mildly surprised when it runs out. (A single lost action is a small price to pay for a 50gp wand, Fimble would say.)

Unless IcyCool pipes up and wants the ring of protection, we can finalize this.

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon looks up from a shelf and listens to the offers made for the items. His eyes flash as he says, "Gold sounds best to me." and grins.

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Given that I NPCed Metrius for over half the adventure, he has no claim to any of the treasure. And the ring of Speak With Animals was the one Fimble collected from Otto, Drezel had the ring of Protection.

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
"We can buy the rapier for 1400gp," tell Valeria "the cloak of Elvenkind for 1500gp, the ring of protection for 1200gp. The wand, if you want to sell it, you can either identify it to have a fair price, or I can buy it for 25 gp.

But the ring that allow to speak with animals, I can estimate at a market price of over ten thousand, which is out of range for the money we have, but I can find you a customer that would buy it at half it's price, so you can expect, over 5000gp."

Sold to Rinaldo's Shop
Rapier, 1,400gp
Cloak, 1,500 gp
Ring of Protection, 1,200 gp

subtotal: 4,100 gp
(Does Rinaldo want the 2 scrolls of Cure Moderate Wounds?)

Otherwise Sold
Ring of Animal Speech 5,000 gp
dagger x3 3 gp
leather armor x2 10 gp
sap .5 gp
light crossbow 17.5 gp
disguise kit 70% of 25 gp = 17.5 gp

subtotal: 5048.5

3 gemstones (unknown value)

Cash collected
721.25 gp
-440 gp identify charges
=281.25 gp

Kept by Fimble
Wand of Color Spray, Unknown Charges

Totals so far
4,100 + 5048.5 + 281.25 = 9,429.75
3 gemstones and 2 scrolls of cure moderate remain

Velmont

First Post
Patlin said:
(Does Rinaldo want the 2 scrolls of Cure Moderate Wounds?)

Sure, so it should do:

Sold to Rinaldo's Shop
Rapier, 1,400gp
Cloak, 1,500 gp
Ring of Protection, 1,200 gp
Scroll of Moderate Wounds x2, 180gp

subtotal: 4,280 gp

Otherwise Sold
Ring of Animal Speech 5,000 gp
dagger x3 3 gp
leather armor x2 10 gp
sap .5 gp
light crossbow 17.5 gp
disguise kit 70% of 25 gp = 17.5 gp

subtotal: 5228.5

3 gemstones (unknown value)

Cash collected
721.25 gp
-440 gp identify charges
=281.25 gp

Kept by Fimble
Wand of Color Spray, Unknown Charges

Totals so far
4,100 + 5228.5 + 281.25 = 9,609.75
3 gemstones remain

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
Totals so far
4,100 + 5228.5 + 281.25 = 9,609.75
3 gemstones remain

Can the shop apraise and sell the gemstones for us? I'm not sure if the value was in the information Dungannon sent you.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Valeria would have some appraise, so she could probably do that, but I'll let Dunganon establish teh price for that, the shop would charge what usual NPC would charge (just like identification service). I have not enouhg money to buy gems, and anyway, they are not magical, so you'll haev to sell them to an NPC at 50% of the price.

Patlin

Explorer
SRD said:
You can appraise common or well-known objects with a DC 12 Appraise check. Failure means that you estimate the value at 50% to 150% (2d6+3 times 10%,) of its actual value.

Appraising a rare or exotic item requires a successful check against DC 15, 20, or higher. If the check is successful, you estimate the value correctly; failure means you cannot estimate the item’s value.

A magnifying glass gives you a +2 circumstance bonus on Appraise checks involving any item that is small or highly detailed, such as a gem. A merchant’s scale gives you a +2 circumstance bonus on Appraise checks involving any items that are valued by weight, including anything made of precious metals.

Tor will ask to borrow a magnifying glass, and whether or not he has one he'll apraise them himself. He will take 10, which will result in an untrained apraise check of 12, which seems to be all that is required. He'll keep his estimate to himself and see if the others come up with a similar value.... it doesn't seem that the rules intended basic apraisals to be terribly difficult.

Remove ads