[Shop] The Grimm Smithy

Dalamar

Adventurer
Entering the smithy, you come to a large room whose walls are lined with common weapons and some armors on stands. The warm glow of a forge is visible through the doorway in the back.

Available services
Simple weapons and light armor are available for the normal prices.
When Zack is around himself, he does commissions for specific items.
Weapons and armors/shields are bought at 60% of the market price if the smithy has enough funds at the time.
Some items are for sale at a special price. [sblock=Special Prices]Breastplate 150gp[/sblock]

Smithy Funds
Currently none

[sblock=Trade history]Crafted a spiked mithral fullplate that was sold to Hulgyr for 6,000gp with 2,000gp to be paid at a later date
Crafted chain mail armor and a light steel shield that were sold to Lord Baldrian for 125gp[/sblock]
[sblock=Weekly income tracker]Currently none[/sblock]

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
The big orc enters the inn and walks up to Zack. "Hi! You said you can make me a big armor like Ironwolf has!. I do want it to be not as heavy."

ooc: Hulgyr can help by putting in craftpoints. He currently can muster about 5000gp after selling the greatsword.
What Hulgyr wants is a mirthral fullplate... with spikes!

Dargon

First Post
a young well dressed man walk in to the shop. and adresses who seems to be in charge of the place.
"I am looking for Zack, might you be him"

OoC: that mithral fullplate armor, was expensive to craft with two faills. I am still debating what ever or not I should take the risk with Ces. that is if he brings back the mithral from his current quest.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Ah, Hulgyr, splendid timing. I could use another set of strong arms with this."
As they are moving towards the forge, the well-dressed man enters.
"That I am. What can I do for you?"

OoC: If Hulgyr can succeed in an Aid Another check with Craft, Zack would not need to roll to begin with. If he does not succeed by the second check, the two don't actually have enough combined buying power to buy the materials for the final check.
The spikes Zack can succeed automatically on.

And yeah, if the crafting goes on to the third check, the materials alone will have cost 7,000gp.

B4cchus

Explorer
"Hi! Hulgyr wants a big shiny armor like Ironwolf. But it must not be so heavy as his. And I want the spikes on it. OK? How much money do you want?"

ooc: Hulgyr fails his first attempt at the aid check but thanks to his lucky socks he manages to lend a helpfull hand after all! So the craft checks are not required.
Next time don't jump the trigger too fast with the rolls as the judges might frown upon the retconning the rolls.
First attemt at aid check: 9
Retry (serendipity ability form his lucky socks, effectively a re-roll like the cleric luck domain): 18

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Yeah, I was just actually expecting to make it on the first roll *oops*.
The Market Price, I believe, is 10,550gp (1,500gp for armor, 9,000gp for mithral and 50gp for spikes) so that makes the material cost 3516gp 6sp 7cp. It takes 1,055 craft points, half of which can come from Hulgyr (who I think needs to spend twice of what he donates as he's untrained).

IC: "Since you're my first customer and helping with the creation, you can have it for use if you pay me five thousand now and later bring me another three grands when you can. I'll throw in free repairs whenever you're back in Orussus," Zack says after pondering for a moment.

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: Crafting this armor doen't require feats so Hulgyr's craftpoints count as full. He can, however,. only assist with 1/2 of the total craftpoints: 528 cp.
I appreciate the oppertunity to pay 3k later on.
Hulgyr could pay the full 8K if he sells off some craft points but he also really needs a +1 weapon. Is it ok if i pay you 6k now and the remaining 2k later?

B4cchus

Explorer
With some help Hulgyr dons the armor.
He tests it's limits on his movement by swinging his greatsword around a bit.
After he a few swings he smiles content "Thank you! I go back to inn now to find some work to get more money to pay you! Bye!"
He waves Zack goodack with a smile of happy kid on his face and leaves the smithy.

Remove ads