• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Should Halfings wear shoes?

Should Halfings wear shoes?

vongarr

First Post
Well, should they? 3rd and 4th took away their large, tough feet and made them more Kenderish. Do you miss the rip-off Halfings of old?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirith

First Post
I like both Tolkiens hobbits and less Tolkien like halflings. Just depends on the world and the idea the race is supposed to give. I do think the way they're going with halflings in 3E and 4E seems to fit the gameworld they intent to create way better than hobbits, so for gaming I'd say no shoes and less hobbity creatures :)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well I personally go with shoes, simply because even if I had the tough, warm feet of a halfling when I am walking through mud, rat and sewage infested streets, etc. I wouldn't want that getting on my feet.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Yes and no, IMC halfling "Stouts" wear shoes because their prophet said that they should live among and fit in with other races. "Hairfeet" continue to wander the roads barefoot.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I hear that in 4th edition, there will be an outcast, shoeless hafling demi-race that will worship a goddess known only as: The Pediety! Sacrifices of expensive footwear will be made to honor her and many a traveler will come to fear the winter's eve Big Boot Bonfire.

warning: portions of the above paragraph may be completely false

Mark Hope

Adventurer
BiggusGeekus said:
I hear that in 4th edition, there will be an outcast, shoeless hafling demi-race that will worship a goddess known only as: The Pediety! Sacrifices of expensive footwear will be made to honor her and many a traveler will come to fear the winter's eve Big Boot Bonfire.
The followers of St. Hubbins will not be pleased. I predict violent genocidal warfare.

Oh, and it's clearly no shoes. Halflings with shoes are kender. Everyone knows that.

Remove ads