• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Should The Pcs kill A Succubuss that's around 1,600 years old, which is The Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby?, or should they not?

delericho

Legend
It may be unlikely, but I can think of two examples of it happening -
Fall-from-Grace
Arueshalae

Fiction is all about unlikely stuff happening.

But what players should or should not do is outside of the game's scope. It's up to the players to decide what to do.
Sure.

Everything in my post after "IMC..." was very specifically about my campaign. Others will, of course, do things differently. :) I'm sorry if that wasn't as clear as it could have been.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I've answered this in a later post but I'll give you a answer, its true that not once in the worlds history has even a single Succubus been redeemed, but the thing that most people don't know is that because of how many people hate Succubus not 1 person in history has ever even tried to redeem A Succubus, which means that for all people its possible, and with 1 as the young they'll get their hands on if it is possible to redeem A Succubus then it will definitely be easy, maybe even very easy, to to redeem A Succubus that's The Succubus equivalent of A Very Smart 9 month old baby, but because of how many people hate Succubus not 1 person in history has ever even tried to redeem A Succubus
Again, in standard D&D a succubus is not redeemable - there is no humanity in any demon, they are incapable. So if a demon is known, kill it, it doesn't matter what other details are involved, in baby form or otherwise (which is purely meaningless). Now maybe demons in your setting can be redeemed, then perhaps no instant kill, so yours might be different. In most games, demons aren't people, they're spiritual beings of pure evil, not capable of redemption; a demon cannot be innocent, that's cosmically impossible.

JMISBEST

Explorer
Again, in standard D&D a succubus is not redeemable - there is no humanity in any demon, they are incapable. So if a demon is known, kill it, it doesn't matter what other details are involved, in baby form or otherwise (which is purely meaningless). Now maybe demons in your setting can be redeemed, then perhaps no instant kill, so yours might be different. In most games, demons aren't people, they're spiritual beings of pure evil, not capable of redemption; a demon cannot be innocent, that's cosmically impossible.
No one has ever redeemed A Succubus, but Succubus's are so hated that no one has ever even tried to redeem 1, so its possible that Succubus can be redeemed, but not 1 person in the world knows that and that's because the reason that no Succubus has ever been redeemed is because Succubus are so hated that no one has ever tried to redeem A Succubus,

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
No. I don't hate succubi arbitrarily, and certainly fools have tried to redeem demons before with utter failure. By definition nether beings are unredeemable, by the cosmic laws of the universe - there is no possibility of redemption. And I'm now done with this thread, as there is no reasoning with you, so no purpose to posting any longer. My only suggestion is to drop this entire line of thinking, and move on to something better and something that doesn't force your players into gotcha moment.

Last edited:

Remove ads