Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay, he can try to do that on his initiative count, but let's see...it looks like nobody speaks Draconic? Considering how many people we have, that's pretty weird, though admittedly we have no arcane casters. In that case, before anyone starts a spell--)

*The dragon roars echoingly in other languages that no one has ever heard, though Sashal seems to recognise one of them, then it snorts in exasperation.*

(OOC: Initiative--

Tandi
Rhys
Dragon
Anton
Findoram
Meliana
Cade
Sashal
Scun
Eskon
Thurgan

If you don't want to do anything, you can pass or delay. Please post actions within 24 hours of it being your turn or I will pick for you. Tandi and Rhys's turns.)

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi's eyes widen at the sight of the dragon, but she gathers her courage and trusts in her ability to move out of the way if the dragon decides to attack rather than speak. Knowing full well that dragons understand the Common tongue*, Tandi kneels down before it in abeyance. Knowing that every word could be her last, she speaks.

"Please forgive me for I am not of worth to speak your great language. Pardon our intrusion that we may explain our presence." She dares not to look up into the beast's eyes.

*Know: Arcane check maybe?

BigB

First Post
Rhys will delay his turn until something more definitive happens...like he gets eaten.

Visibly Rhys teeters on the edge of action but holds to know whether the dragon is hostile.

ooc: Does anyone have knowledge of the dragon type?

Bront

The man with the probe
BigB said:
ooc: Does anyone have knowledge of the dragon type?
OOC: I'm guessing big and angry.

Cade stands firm, recalling the horrors he's faces so far, and while he does not relent, he does look at it or act in a threatening manner.

B4cchus

Explorer
Findoram adresses the dragon in Undercommon, hoping it understands it "We do not wish to battle you, mighty dragon. Let us speak instead of fight. I am Findoram Hammerhand, servant of the High King."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Unable to understand the intruders and wary after the last group of intruders attacked it, the dragon breathes forth an enormous cone of glowing crystalline shards. Tandi and Thurgan dive and roll out of the way, completely unharmed. Meliana and Rhys manage to protect themselves from the worst of the attack. But everyone else suffers the full fury of the draconic guardian's might.*

(OOC: Tandi + Thurgan unharmed.
Meliana 18 Damage
Rhys 17 Damage
Anton 37 Damage (Anton falls)
Findoram 29 Damage
Cade 30 Damage
Sashal 35 Damage
Scun 34 Damage
Eskon 24 Damage

All the PCs can go now, but first are the two who delayed (Tandi and Rhys)--they get to act immediately!)

BigB

First Post
rhys now enraged by the attack and the pain he feels from the shards will charge if he can reach the dragon to attack. otherwise he will run to flank as best he can so the dragon will have to choose its target.

Remove ads